Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Favorite Music genre  (Read 2145 times)

Offline PrairieNudie

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Favorite Music genre
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:36 pm »
Hey! What does everyone like to listen to these days? I'm spinning a lot of blues and rock'n'roll

decoboco

Re: Favorite Music genre
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »
Breakbeat Hardcore and Chicago Hard House.

Offline PrairieNudie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:10 pm »
Breakbeat Hardcore and Chicago Hard House.

Right on!

Offline nakiekitty

• An Actual Cat IRL
  • Topless with bottoms
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:53 pm »
Oh man, I listen to eeeeverything @_@ Today I've been listening to... I dunno what it's called, hip hop? Not the rap kind though (although I do love that too!) but we've been listening to Wax Tailor, The Shanghai Restoration Project, DJ Shadow, Pretty Lights, stuff like that.

I also like almost all electronica, chicago house included (though my favorite is 90s and 00s house or big beat or whatever, like The Crystal Method and Orbital), I love chillout and downtempo like Boards of Canada, Joey Fehrenbach, The Orb, etc, plus dubstep and trap music :3

I also really love electro swing, Parov Stellar and Caravan Palace are great!

I listen to a lot of alternative and rock too, and some dark country, and sometimes oldies and swing. Also retrowave/darkwave/whateverwave, but also new wave like the 70s and 80s stuff :3

I dunno, I like just about anything =D Even stuff like bad country songs (Luke Bryant, I'm looking at you!), good country songs (like Taylor Swift! ... no? :3 Well I like "Shake it off" anyways!), chiptunes (Rymdeglagagalsl or whatever, Tettix, etc), 30s and 40s pop, and all other genres are great in small doses, but I could listen to dubstep alll day, it's dumb enough that I don't have to pay too much attention to it, but isn't so quiet or repetitive like most techno stuff, so it never annoys me like trance music does after a bit :3

Offline PrairieNudie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:25:36 am »
Oh man, I listen to eeeeverything @_@ Today I've been listening to... I dunno what it's called, hip hop? Not the rap kind though (although I do love that too!) but we've been listening to Wax Tailor, The Shanghai Restoration Project, DJ Shadow, Pretty Lights, stuff like that.

I also like almost all electronica, chicago house included (though my favorite is 90s and 00s house or big beat or whatever, like The Crystal Method and Orbital), I love chillout and downtempo like Boards of Canada, Joey Fehrenbach, The Orb, etc, plus dubstep and trap music :3

I also really love electro swing, Parov Stellar and Caravan Palace are great!

I listen to a lot of alternative and rock too, and some dark country, and sometimes oldies and swing. Also retrowave/darkwave/whateverwave, but also new wave like the 70s and 80s stuff :3

I dunno, I like just about anything =D Even stuff like bad country songs (Luke Bryant, I'm looking at you!), good country songs (like Taylor Swift! ... no? :3 Well I like "Shake it off" anyways!), chiptunes (Rymdeglagagalsl or whatever, Tettix, etc), 30s and 40s pop, and all other genres are great in small doses, but I could listen to dubstep alll day, it's dumb enough that I don't have to pay too much attention to it, but isn't so quiet or repetitive like most techno stuff, so it never annoys me like trance music does after a bit :3

Wow. Great span of tastes!

decoboco

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 05:41:21 am »
Oh man, I listen to eeeeverything @_@ ...

Wow, you aren't kidding. I think your eclectic taste trumps mine... but no, I don't want to admit defeat.

Call me immature, but, I'd like to at least put up a fight.

I like obscure electronic genres with high BPM. Other than breakbeat and hard house, gabber, breakcore, eurobeat, happy hardcore, speedcore, hardstyle, psytrance, and DnB I regularly listen to.

But also lighter stuff like shoegaze, downtempo, bossa nova, Shibuya-Kei, Russian and Latin folk, vaporwave, nu jazz, space rock, and New Age.

But seriously, genre really doesn't matter all that much, unless you're in a music store.

Offline nakiekitty

• An Actual Cat IRL
  • Topless with bottoms
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:09:25 pm »
Oh man, I listen to eeeeverything @_@ ...

Wow, you aren't kidding. I think your eclectic taste trumps mine... but no, I don't want to admit defeat.

Call me immature, but, I'd like to at least put up a fight.

I like obscure electronic genres with high BPM. Other than breakbeat and hard house, gabber, breakcore, eurobeat, happy hardcore, speedcore, hardstyle, psytrance, and DnB I regularly listen to.

But also lighter stuff like shoegaze, downtempo, bossa nova, Shibuya-Kei, Russian and Latin folk, vaporwave, nu jazz, space rock, and New Age.

But seriously, genre really doesn't matter all that much, unless you're in a music store.

Heeeee yeah!! I've never heard of space rock and stuff lol! And vaporwave isn't a genre, it's a dumb meme! >=O Lol

But ya, genre is hard to assign nowadays, and I think that's a good thing! There's so much variety and people try new stuff all the time! So I just listen to anything that tries something new, or sounds good :3

Offline eggmoose5

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 08:03:48 pm »
It's probably a toss up between alternative rock and rap. I tend to listen to a lot of one genre at a time and then get tired of it and listen to the other genre.