Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is your least favorite genre?  (Read 4860 times)

Offline eggmoose5

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
What is your least favorite genre?
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:43:09 pm »
What genre can you just not stand? I really don't like modern country music.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
Re: What is your least favorite genre?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:07:53 pm »
I dislike most modern country as well.  More of its "artists" than any other genre I think, start by calculating mass appeal before anything else.  Most of the new country music just comes off as disingenuous and patronizing to me.  Toby Keith comes to mind with his fancy restaurant bologny sandwiches.   

In this video, Bo Burnham articulates my thoughts pretty good. 

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:41:02 am »
I'd take modern country over rap any day. The saying puts it best...can't spell crap without rap, lol
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:42:51 am »
Modern country and reggae.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline zips4321

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 03:57:05 am »
I dislike most modern country as well.  More of its "artists" than any other genre I think, start by calculating mass appeal before anything else.  Most of the new country music just comes off as disingenuous and patronizing to me.  Toby Keith comes to mind with his fancy restaurant bologny sandwiches.   

Country is such a hit and miss for me. I grew up listening to the type of country that is on the radio and I still listen to country on the radio today. I love country radio. There's nothing better than blasting country music in the summer time in my opinion. You have your opinion and I have mine lol.

With that being said, I still agree with Bo, especially the part about women and being millionaires. I honestly kinda phase that out. I don't pay to see these guys and I don't take dating advise from them, but there's still some good country songs out there, and a lot aren't on the radio. Also I think every genre of music has it's problems.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 06:00:37 am »

Country is such a hit and miss for me. I grew up listening to the type of country that is on the radio and I still listen to country on the radio today. I love country radio. There's nothing better than blasting country music in the summer time in my opinion. You have your opinion and I have mine lol.

With that being said, I still agree with Bo, especially the part about women and being millionaires. I honestly kinda phase that out. I don't pay to see these guys and I don't take dating advise from them, but there's still some good country songs out there, and a lot aren't on the radio. Also I think every genre of music has it's problems.

I love (what I consider, "real") country music.  I just never hear the stuff I like on the radio, so its probably not very popular lol.  Some times I worry that I'm a hipster cause my tastes run contrary to the masses so often. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:02:32 am by Longingtobenude »

Offline Buzzulepuff

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 09:20:08 am »
Really not a fan of drum and base type of genres. I never understood those people that go to raves and dance to that music.

Offline Loquacious Parrot

• Guy Talk
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 02:25:49 pm »
I don't love listening to hip hop and rap but I have some serious respect for some of the artists.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »
Trance. Skrillexy-Dubstep. Hardcore / Speedcore / Gabber (small doses, please)
Really not a fan of drum and bass type of genres. I never understood those people that go to raves and dance to that music.

1 - Fixed that for you.
2 - Drum & Bass is an extremely diverse genre of electronic music, and you probably haven't dove deep enough to realize that.
3 - Maybe you should try to understand "those people"...shit, I'm one of them.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:21:58 pm by Riot.EXE »

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:54 pm »
Really can't stand speedcore music , it's just to unclear as far as sound goes  :tongue: .
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Riot.EXE

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 08:21:48 pm »
Really can't stand speedcore music , it's just to unclear as far as sound goes  :tongue: .

I swear Speedcore is just a BPM wankfest. You can't even dance to it...it's just, "Wow, 900BPM? I think that's a world record!"

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:37 am »
Modern country and reggae.
Modern country does blow... Its just Pop with a country twist(Insert barf emoji).

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 11:01:49 pm »
My least favorite genre is easily dubstep, especially dubstep remixes of existing songs. It always feels formulaic and bland, more like noise than music really. I also don't like most pop music nowadays, it's also very formulaic and there's not enough emphasis on the instrumentals. I get that it's popular, I just can't fathom why.

Offline Shiden Kai San

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Free ballin'!
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 12:12:39 am »
This is a 50/50 for me.  Let me explain:

Within most genres of music, I'll find examples of songs or bands that I both enjoy and despise.  Still, if I had to pick the genres that I'd least enjoy listening to - especially over long periods of time, it would be the following:

- Speed metal.  I actually like metal as a genre.  Especially melodic metal.  But there are certain sub-genres, like speed metal, that tend to drive me crazy after about ten minutes of exposure.  I mean sure, I can appreciate the musicianship for the first couple minutes - but after that, I've had my fill.

- Sappy country songs.   I actually don't mind country.  Old or new.  What gets real tiresome however, are those stupidly slow, stupidly novella-like sappy songs that are designed to tug on the heart strings of 50 year old ladies. Good lord.  Can't we just go back to referencing the joy of drinking a cold beer on a Friday night?

- Most hip hop between 2005 -  2014 or so.  For awhile, at least in the mainstream, the art of lyrical prose was replaced with autotune and endless amounts of 'flexin'.  Yea yea.  I get it.  You're black.  You got money.  And bitches.  You claim you'll kill anyone who crosses you.  Oddly enough, you still profess your love for God.  Ultimately though, the message is that you're THE alpha of the human race.  I guess this stuff sells because people like living vicariously through this aggrandized vision of life? 

- Kids Bop anything.  Why would this be on a 35 year olds list?  Because a couple of my friends have little kids. Little kids who get damn near anything they want.  This includes being given plentiful opportunities to jam out to Kids Bop renditions of already cringy top-40 music.  Honestly, this stuff makes Disney Princess songs sound like works of art.

The list goes on really, but I'm glad I could get some of this stuff outta my system.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:11:35 am by Shiden Kai San »

Riot.EXE

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 01:13:59 am »

- Most hip hop between 2005 -  2014 or so.  For awhile, at least in the mainstream, the art of lyrical prose was replaced with autotune and endless amounts of 'flexin'.  Yea yea.  I get it.  You're black.  You got money.  And bitches.  You claim you'll kill anyone who crosses you.  Oddly enough, you still profess your love for God.  Ultimately though, the message is that you're THE alpha of the human race.  I guess this stuff sells because people like living vicariously through this aggrandized vision of life? 

Yeah, I know you said most, but this is purely a mainstream / "ringtone rapper" thing. Keep digging...good hip hop still exists.