Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Locksport Anyone?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
  • Referrals: 0
Locksport Anyone?
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:46:42 am »
Locksport is just a alternative way to say, picking locks for fun.  Its something Ive been into since I was about 12 or 13 and I found out I could pick the door locks at my school with a paper clip.  You'd be surprised how easy it is to pick most locks you see every day. 

There is an intense satisfaction from feeling the plug in a lock finally turn, indicating that you have opened it.  Not to mention how cool it looks to pull off in front of someone.  Makes you feel like james bond :happy  My version of a fidget spinner is picking a padlock over and over. 

Anyone looking for a new hobby that you can do almost everywhere, I suggest checking it out.  You can buy in for about $15 or make a set of picks from the little steel strips you find in windshield washer blades. 
       Protip-- Don't buy a set with 10 or 20 different picks cause they are mostly useless.  All you need is a pick, a rake and a few different sized tension wrenches. 

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
Re: Locksport Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »
OK, this sounds fascinating.  I've always wondered when I see some spy in a Hollywood film picking a door or padlock whether has any bearing with reality.  How does it work?

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:40:04 pm »
OK, this sounds fascinating.  I've always wondered when I see some spy in a Hollywood film picking a door or padlock whether has any bearing with reality.  How does it work?

Probably about 90% of the regular style locks you see everyday(pin & tumbler locks) can be picked by someone with a few days practice.  Its crazy how insecure most locks are.  Ive opened locks with straws, paper clips, bobby pins.  I've opened Master combination locks with pop can shims. 

The best representation in media I've seen is probably from "Burn Notice". 

Here is a 3D representation of how it works. 

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 06:58:30 pm »
OK, this was way beyond my capabilities.   :cry:
The best solution for me is to carry a skeleton key around with me.  But thank you for the information.