Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Spiderman 4 out, Spiderman Reboot in!  (Read 1635 times)

randomer909

Spiderman 4 out, Spiderman Reboot in!
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:25:07 pm »
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1060055p1.html

It's official folks, Spiderman 4 has been scrapped. Sam Raimi and Toby Maguire have quit and Sony are going to reboot the series. I only hope that the new director and actors can answer mine and other peoples prayers of making it so stupid like they really did in 3

NudeBostonian

Re: Spiderman 4 out, Spiderman Reboot in!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:48:17 am »
Wow, this could either be great or terrible. I thought the last spiderman franchise started off with great promise, but then it just got bogged down. I like Sam Raimi as a director. I think he had a good vision for it all. It'll be interesting to see what happens now.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:57 pm »
Kinda early for a reboot...but whatever.  I would do like, Ultimate Spider-Man or something...lets see what they come out with though, might be awesome anyways!

Offline bendy698

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:21:36 am »
I really would have liked to see this as an opportunity for something new, like Spider-man when he's a bit older for instance. Not that an origin story is bad, but it's something we've seen done before and there is a lot that can be done with this particular Marvel character that has never been seen on the big screen.

Spider-man 1 and 2 were really good and Sam Raimi is an excellent director. But from what I've heard, the script for 3 was pretty much forced down his throat, and he refused to be put through that again.
-Bendy

Eric

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 03:36:20 am »
Kudos to Raimi for walking on this, though arguably he should have done it on 3.

10 years is too soon for a reboot, though I guess that can be lived with. My only real fear is that Sony is now going to find a director who will just bend over for whatever crazy crap-fest their marketing department comes up with.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:56:06 am »
Marvel should just buy back the franchise and film a reboot themselves...

Offline bendy698

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 09:04:26 am »
I can't disagree with ya there Riot. This would be best left in the hands of Marvel Studios. If they could take back Spider-man and the X-men all would be great!
-Bendy

Riot.EXE

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:53:12 pm »
I can't disagree with ya there Riot. This would be best left in the hands of Marvel Studios. If they could take back Spider-man and the X-men all would be great!

Yeah, I mean...with the merger with Disney, shouldn't they have the extra funding needed to buy back those licenses?

Geez...Licensing is such a pain in the ass...

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 10:50:45 am »
It about Peter Parker. In High School. Before getting his powers.

I really can't see this going anywhere good. Where's the film? ^^
On an extended IYNO break... for now.