Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: All the world's a stage - and Shakespeare but a hack  (Read 1759 times)

Offline RONATRON

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
All the world's a stage - and Shakespeare but a hack
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:40:57 pm »
Any lovers of the performing arts here?

I'm about to complete a BA in Theatre and Film production and I would love to hear some of peoples stories from on stage or on set, whether they be good or bad.

The title of this thread is a line my university theatre group used to mock me with when I would fall into one of my rants.

I'm realising that I have very, very few creative outlets here in Australia, has anyone fallen into the same boat - did anyone follow their dreams?!!!

Also, is there any form of Naturist theatre out there; I never really explored the idea before, kinda intriguing.

Shawn.

AmericanSwede

Re: All the world's a stage - and Shakespeare but a hack
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:16:02 pm »
I started out in theatre school in Sweden. Performed nude on stage when my character in Brecht's "The Caucasian Chalkcircle" takes a bath in a scene. Performed it in Sweden and Berlin at the Berliner Ensemble theatre.

I still do improv. I want to get some improv friends together to have a group that includes nudity in their performance. There is some nudist theater (improv, one acts, stand up) in Los Angeles, but it is mostly very bad and no where near worth the ticket prices.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:37:42 pm »
I've never studied theater or anything but, I was half-assed entertaining the idea of starting my own production of "Happy Birthday Wanda June". 

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:43:12 pm »
I haven't actually done any acting on stage since I was about 10. No schools or colleges I went to after that would let me. It just wasn't an option.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline RONATRON

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:46:32 am »
@AmericanSwede that's really cool man. I was in an adaptation of Brecht's Mother Courage (fully clothed though).  I must say you're a brave man for doing improv - that's a tough show, i find it's success is equally dependent on how invested the audience is, not just the performers.

@Longingtobenude - well, some of the best Ideas come from a Half assed idea. you should do it!

@Mark - I understand that pain brother, I had to move 13 hours drive from home in order to attend uni, and even then the very few theatrical clubs in this city are mainly musical performers, and I can't sing a lick.

Offline Freedom

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:50:37 am »
Shakesphere in the park

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:15:45 pm »
I studied theatre arts in college (1999-2002).  Then there was a long gap of absolutely nothing in that world that took place.

My long theatrical hiatus came to an end when a friend of mine convinced me to read for a part at a melodrama theater in Coloma, CA.  I read for it and got the part.  It was a fantastic experience and quite a rush performing on stage, one I hadn't felt in so long.  The folks who run the theater welcomed me with open doors and arms into their little community and now I am currently in their second show.

"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio