Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: UK Grime  (Read 2067 times)

Offline eggmoose5

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
UK Grime
« on: June 10, 2017, 05:04:15 am »
Does anyone else here listen to grime?  If you don't know, grime is a type of rap from the UK.  Probably the most famous artist of this genre is Skepta, who has performed with Drake live.  Other good artists, in my opinion are Skepta's brother, Jme, Stormzy, Giggs, Tempa T, and Tinie Tempah (I'm not really sure if he is really a grime artist or not).

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
Re: UK Grime
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:44:03 am »
Not really. :(

Closest thing that I have to that is a reserve of jungle music. It's sped-up techno with heavy drums that originated from the Jamaican immigrants in England. It's absolutely amazing music to do stuff to (cleaning, exercise, studying).

If you google "100 jungle mixtapes", you can find the link for it. It's a website called FactMag. You don't have to actually download them. When you go to it, it brings up a list of all of the different mixes and it plays them through your browser.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:19:52 am »
GRIME! JUNGLE! DRUM & BASS! FINALLY A MUSIC THREAD FOR MEEEEEE!!!!

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:46:37 am »
GRIME! JUNGLE! DRUM & BASS! FINALLY A MUSIC THREAD FOR MEEEEEE!!!!

You'll definitely have to check out the mixes that I described above. I listen to jungle music on Spotify too, but it's not great megamixes like the ones I found. Any suggestions?

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 06:50:08 am »
I also just listened to Shutdown by Skepta and it seemed really cool. I'll have to listen to more and get acquainted with the genre.

When I watched the video, it reminded me of an episode of a show that I watched recently called Chewing Gum. The show is hilarious. They had a guest appearance by Stormzy.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:30:14 am »
I also just listened to Shutdown by Skepta and it seemed really cool. I'll have to listen to more and get acquainted with the genre.

When I watched the video, it reminded me of an episode of a show that I watched recently called Chewing Gum. The show is hilarious. They had a guest appearance by Stormzy.

Yo, hit up, "People Just Do Nothing" on Netflix...you will love it, I promise!

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:24:30 am »
Grime is pretty sick! The beats are dope. The Drake song with Giggs got me into it, now I'm hooked!