Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Drones and quadcopters  (Read 1481 times)

Offline puppiesrawesome

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Drones and quadcopters
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:36:56 pm »
Is anybody here Into drones? I just got a beginner one to try to learn how to fly them and was hoping for some landing tips. I've got an MJX BUGS3 and it lands rather hard. I'm not sure if it's me, the remote, or if I'm doing it ok? I'm also considering modifying the landing gear to increase the impulse of landing impact with some small compression springs (I'm an engineering student).
Thanks all and if you have any recommendations for an intermediate level drone I would love to hear it! (I'm in the US but idk if it makes a difference)

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
Re: Drones and quadcopters
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:54:13 pm »
I have a micro sized quad copter from sharper image.  They are a lot of fun for sure, I'm thinking about getting a bigger one with a camera.  I've never been too concerned with smooth landings, as long as it doesn't bounce lol.  Most important is getting the controls trimmed out.  So that if you let go of everything it should hover in place more or less.  Then try to maintain consistent vertical rates of speed.  Slowly descending or ascending without accelerating. 

Also, mine has headless mode, but I find it just muddies the water for me, so I leave it off. 

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:24:19 pm »
Larger drones are far easier to control than the little micro versions.  With that said they are also a lot more expensive, and many feature built-in stability control using GPS.  I would say just keep practicing with what you have, and when you're ready to upgrade to something bigger/more expensive, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is to operate.

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:37:57 pm »
My controller is broke  :rolleyes: .
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline Wildborn

• Born Naked, Die Naked
  • Nude with Towel
  • Have a wonderful nude day.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 09:13:56 am »
I have DJI Phantom 4, which I use for video production for work, but I needed a licence to fly it in built up areas so i did a 2 week course. With more practice you get use to it.

Names Liam

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:59 am »
I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and I love it, but I'd love to have the new Mavic Pro, but so far I just can't justify spending the money on it right now :tongue:.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 09:47:59 pm »
Ive been salivating over the DJI phantom series for a while now.  Doubt I'll spend that much on a drone in the near future though.