Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Call of Duty: WW2  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
Call of Duty: WW2
« on: August 28, 2017, 04:07:16 am »
I love first person shooters. Infinite warfare was a little too modern for call of duty, with the jet packs, and wallrunning and all, but it was fine. They decided to take a step way the opposite direction with WW2, back to the roots of their franchise. After doing the first beta testing weekend, I'm not a fan. I'm probably going to cancel the preorder before it comes out. I expect a lot better that what I saw. The only improvement I've seen since infinite warfare was the ability to mute all players without having to create a party with priority audio.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
Re: Call of Duty: WW2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:52:21 pm »
Pre Orders are the bane of AAA gaming right now. They give off a bad impression, tell execs to move forward with bankrolling unfinished concepts, and often leave the consumer wishing they had the special item for being a pre orderer. CoD has historically been lackluster with EVERY title they produce. It is sad to see this as there was a point in history where the games they made were good for the time. Now there is nothing new and there is no real appeal to these games. There is no pro scene, it has collapsed and all the real esports live on pc now. It is hard to see this game being anything but mildly fun and the end of a era.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 07:20:07 am »
I watched some gameplay and it just looked too low-budget to me. That may be the aesthetics they were going for though since it's WW2, but it didn't look entertaining to me.

Offline zips4321

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »
I have high hopes for this game but I also don't expect too much. I don't think Call of Duty will ever get back to their best days of COD 4, World at War, or MW2. Modern Warfare 2 to me was the pinnacle of Call of Duty and I still play that game and still enjoy it. Black Ops was good and MW3 was ok, but it's fallen from there.

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »
I agree with you all, and I returned it a couple days ago (the preorder). Sure, it is supposed to be set in WWII, but that doesn't mean the graphics have to as well. You can have good graphics to mimic the feel that we are there at the time, not watching an old video of the war.