Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Otaku family! Manga/Anime geeks  (Read 72740 times)

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Otaku family! Manga/Anime geeks
« on: August 28, 2017, 06:48:27 pm »
Who loves manga and anime? Share your favorite anime. Do you ship, and if so who? Do you go to any conventions? Maybe a naked carpool opportunity...

I love all kinds of anime. Twin Star Exorcists, Owari No Seraph, Yowamushi Pedal, Clean Freak! Aoyama kun, Food Wars!, Yuri! on Ice, and many others....

I know this is a real long shot but anyone going to YaoiCon in the Bay? Is there anyone that likes yaoi? haha

tinghou2004

Re: Otaku family! Manga/Anime geeks
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 09:15:52 pm »
I like anime :D

I tend to prefer the fluffy slice-of-life/romance genres, but I'm generally open to watching anything that isn't horror.

Favorite from last season was Tsukigakirei, current favorite this season is Tsuredure Children, and favorite anime overall is Clannad. Also hyped for when the A Silent Voice movie comes out in the US in October ^_^

Not much into yaoi, personally. Incidentally, it looks like Yaoicon is super close to where I live though, lol.

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 10:09:06 pm »
You like romance but not yaoi? You must not be gay haha

Tsukigakirei seems interesting. I don't get as excited about a straight couple though haha

And if you're close to Yaoicon, maybe we could meet?...

tinghou2004

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »
You like romance but not yaoi? You must not be gay haha
that'd be correct xD
I'd be open to meeting up somewhere if you're gonna be in south bay (or I can head to the city) - feel free to PM

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:47:23 pm »
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed or anything, but I do enjoy anime. The whole art style and everything. I do like watching the shows for it and have taken a few, alternate routes, to be able to watch a website from New Zealand when I normally couldn't. I've been happy re-watching Outlaw Star on Toonami on tv, lol.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline doughboy312

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:48:56 am »
I'm always looking for new anime to watch! Not really watching anything right now, but any Netflix suggestions? 

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 01:18:09 am »
I'm always looking for new anime to watch! Not really watching anything right now, but any Netflix suggestions?

There is a decent amount of anime on Netflix, but I prefer to watch on crunchyroll. But what is on there I like The Seven Deadly Sins, Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill, Ouran High School Host Club (a classic), and others. But it depends on your taste. There is also a live adaptation of Death Note on there. I'm half way through it now. It's ok but I much prefer the anime than the live action.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 06:50:02 pm »
I watch anime on stable bases, every week and with original dubs. Otherwise it just wouldn't be right. And then there is manga. Have to survive with the english translations until I am fluent enough in Japanese.

Action, adventure and fantasy is a good start. Nothing really gory or horror packet.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 08:56:30 pm »

.. I like The Seven Deadly Sins, Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill, Ouran High School Host Club (a classic), and others. But it depends on your taste...

Like too, and others as Log Horizon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, Fairy Tail...
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 03:47:27 am »
I watch anime on stable bases, every week and with original dubs. Otherwise it just wouldn't be right. And then there is manga. Have to survive with the english translations until I am fluent enough in Japanese.

Action, adventure and fantasy is a good start. Nothing really gory or horror packet.

I always have to read English manga too....but there isn't anything wrong with it...just have to wait, a sometimes uncomfortable amount of time, until someone translates new releases.

Dubs for me are ok but for some reason English actors' voices annoy me haha. I have to watch subtitled first before I watch dubs. I feel like English speakers don't have the same cute genuine voices in a lot of the anime I watch. Like the young boy and girl characters' voices in Japanese are higher pitched, but English actors are adults with lower tones and make a 12yo sound like a 20yo.

Offline doughboy312

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:19:59 pm »

.. I like The Seven Deadly Sins, Sword Art Online, Kill la Kill, Ouran High School Host Club (a classic), and others. But it depends on your taste...

Like too, and others as Log Horizon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, Fairy Tail...

Thanks. I'll look into these!

Offline Lisette

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »
I like anime and manga :D I usually watch shoujo, but I also like other genres. I have already watched tons of different animes, but a few of my favorites are attack on titan, ao haru ride, ao no exorcist, one punch man and some others :) I am currently watching the second season of boku no hero academia and I just finished reading ookami shoujo to kuro ouji ^.^ I have also read some yaoi, but not much ;P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:41:38 pm by Lisette »

Offline David B

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 06:10:49 pm »
My favorite Animes are, Ranma 1/2, Yakitate Japan, One Piece, Fairy Tale, Angel Heart, and Nodame Cantabile

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 02:04:54 am »
I like anime and manga :D I usually watch shoujo, but I also like other genres. I have already watched tons of different animes, but a few of my favorites are attack on titan, ao haru ride, ao no exorcist, one punch man and some others :) I am currently watching the second season of boku no hero academia and I just finished reading ookami shoujo to kuro ouji ^.^ I have also read some yaoi, but not much ;P

I like ao no exorcist too. Im kinda overwhelmed by titan and one punch because they have so many episodes/book. I didnt start from the beginning and it would take for ever to binge watch. Id probably like them though. Watching boku no hero too. Izuku keeps getting stronger and stronger but he makes me impatient. I need to see One For All from him!

And read more yaoi! you need it in your life...

Offline Lisette

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 06:15:38 pm »

I like ao no exorcist too. Im kinda overwhelmed by titan and one punch because they have so many episodes/book. I didnt start from the beginning and it would take for ever to binge watch. Id probably like them though. Watching boku no hero too. Izuku keeps getting stronger and stronger but he makes me impatient. I need to see One For All from him!

And read more yaoi! you need it in your life...

I feel the same way, I want to see one for all from him too! One punch man is really funny though, I recommend it. And about yaoi, I had bought the manga ten count a while ago and I really liked that one. I don't have much experience yet with other yaoi manga, but I might read some more :)