Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ashdene Naturist Club in Elland, West Yorkshire.  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
  • Referrals: 0
    • Brendarella
Ashdene Naturist Club in Elland, West Yorkshire.
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:49:43 pm »

A NATURIST club has opened the doors to its bare-fleshed den where naked people go swimming together and play tennis in the nude.

Ashdene Naturist Club in Elland, West Yorkshire will hold its first ever open day later this month.  The club is quietly hidden away on seven acres overlooking the River Calder and has existed for more than 30 years.

Director Clive Edwards said: “People become interested either because as a family they have been brought up in a naturist lifestyle or they have already felt the benefits.

"For example, a lady taking her first skinny dip in the sea, coming out and feeling the warm sunshine on her body instead of a clammy costume."

“Occasionally we may have a married couple coming along, of whom one of the couple may be reluctant to strip off. Generally after a few visits the person will become comfortable and fully join in.”

On August 26, it will hold its first ever open day to mark The Great British Skinny Dip.

The nudist club has been in operation for more than 30 years.  Visitors to the club, which has 300 members, can enjoy a dip in the pool.
People can enjoy a spot of tennis at the Ashdene Naturist Club in Elland, West Yorkshire. 

When asked what it’s like to be a naturist, Clive said: “Exactly the same as not being a naturist, except weather and circumstances permitting we are naked.  “Naturism is a great leveller. Without clothes, we all look the same, whatever our colour, shape or size. It removes the final barrier between your body and outside world and people feel liberated by it.”

utside Ashdene’s clubhouse, facilities include an undercover swimming pool and a sauna where naturism is complusory.

But unlike many naturist clubs, it’s open all year round.

Visitors who decide they would like to become members will be required to make five further weekend visits before they can be invited to join as a probationer and later a full member.

Source and photos:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4186745/ashdene-naturist-club-pictures-nudist/

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
Re: Ashdene Naturist Club in Elland, West Yorkshire.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:07:59 am »
Unfortunately the picture is quite an accurate representation of the usual demographic at clubs around the UK. That's why most were happy to have YBN visit them as it was one of the only times of the year that they would get a group of young people visit them!
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline Brendarella

• -= Brendarella =-
  • Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Ask me anything.
    • Brendarella
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:16:31 am »
I suppose it's possible the photos were taken during a normal working day when the younger ones would have jobs to go to and and that those are retired people.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:22:18 am by Brendarella »

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:08:47 am »
Possible but I've been to The Naturist Foundation, Invicta, Spielplatz, Manchester Sun and Air, Telford Naturist Club, Silverleigh, Diogenes, Blackthorns, Five Acres, Heritage, Watford Swim, Apollo, Broadlands and White House and from all of that experience, the YNB members or the group of friends I was with were always by far the youngest people there. I don't know if attitudes have changed in the 6 years or so that I have been away from the UK but young British naturists attending clubs did seem to be on the decline and clubs were facing difficulties in recruiting new members.
"Life's too short, play naked"