Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sad news: Young Naturists America is closing in 2017  (Read 12865 times)

Offline fex

• Nudity is a form of dress
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Sad news: Young Naturists America is closing in 2017
« on: October 27, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »
The End of Young Naturists America, Inc.

Dear YNA members, supporters and followers,

It is with heavy hearts that we announce our decision to close Young Naturists America by the end of this year.

We originally started this organization about 7 years ago with a few goals in mind – to bring about social change, to bring naturist values back into the modern nudist movement and to introduce more young adults to naturism.

And we did succeed in this through our grassroots outreach, hundreds of published articles, online social groups, gatherings and events, media coverage, Radio / TV appearances and more.

Whole article: https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/young-naturists-america-closing-letter/

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
Re: Sad news: Young Naturists America is closing in 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:43 pm »
Nudism doesn't seem to have a financial backing with the younger generation.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline nudiecouchsurfer

• Surfs up
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Runner/Surfer/Traveller
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 03:49:50 am »
I'm not sure if it thats the reason, I think most people would just prefer the freedom of a beach or a trip away camping rather than paying for a membership when its not clear what benefits it gives you.

But I agree its sad news, I went to one YNA event last year and it was cool to meet different people in real life and away from the internet!

Offline nudiecouchsurfer

• Surfs up
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Runner/Surfer/Traveller
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:28:29 pm »
I agree, I've never been to any FYN events but get the impression its the work of a group of people rather than just one or two, maybe thats why they are able to sustain it?

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 02:33:42 am »
I think that there are several factors at play here. For example, many naturist clubs tend to be in more remote locations for obvious reasons but the younger crowd want easy and quick access to restaurants and bars when on holiday. Naturist clubs or naturist friendly hotels tend to charge more than 'textile' hotels or resorts and if there is a free beach available then that becomes a more workable option for many. I also think that as a whole, attitudes towards social nudity aren't as relaxed as they used to be and I think that the media is largely to blame for that. We're so indoctrinated about what the perfect body should look like, body shaming is on the rise, pharmaceutical companies are forever telling us what to buy to look better as well as the fashion industry. Hardly anyone is advertising body acceptance and tolerance. Add all of these ingredients together, along with a few more that I haven't considered and purposely going somewhere to get your kit off becomes less appealing.

Maybe it will be a peak and a trough thing. The 60's were very liberal and today not so much. So on the basis of that swing, maybe we'll see a change in attitudes in the next 50 years...
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 02:41:19 am »
That sucks. They were pretty active online. I thought that they were going to blow up big