Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds ft. Neneh Cherry  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds ft. Neneh Cherry
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:10:48 am »
I was listening to this song last night and thought that the lyrics "and when a child is born, into this world, it has no concept of the tone the skin it's living in" were quite poignant when it came to body image and naturism. We're all born naked and it's society that dictates that we should be covered. Sure there is the issue of warmth and protection but if it's an occasion where nudity is conducive then it's the world that teaches that nudity is shameful instead of it being innocent.

"Life's too short, play naked"

Lena

Re: Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds ft. Neneh Cherry
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:41:36 am »
I was listening to this song last night and thought that the lyrics "and when a child is born, into this world, it has no concept of the tone the skin it's living in" were quite poignant when it came to body image and naturism. We're all born naked and it's society that dictates that we should be covered. Sure there is the issue of warmth and protection but if it's an occasion where nudity is conducive then it's the world that teaches that nudity is shameful instead of it being innocent.

:like

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:43:47 am »

:like

Me too  :like
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:19:11 am »
I've had that song for years and that never occurred to me to think that line that way
I'm everywhere and nowhere