Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: San Francisco's Baker Beach is Being Taken Over by Clothed People!  (Read 3080 times)

Offline norcalnoclothes

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Recently, I visited San Francisco's world famous North Baker Beach, which has historically been occupied by naturists. However, to my dismay, I found that it was mostly occupied by clothed people. There were a few people who were fully nude, however they were hiding in the corners trying not to attract too much attention to themselves. Clothed tourists were trying to get pictures of themselves with nudes in the background for the giggles I guess. It was horrifying and sad to see such a famous nude beach disrespected.

I can't speak for the rest of the San Francisco area nude beaches, but I plan on doing a tour of all of them this week while I'm in the area.

tinghou2004

Re: San Francisco's Baker Beach is Being Taken Over by Clothed People!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:03:34 am »
D: how recently was this? I visited in early October and it seemed okay then - most of the people in the northern ~1/4 of the beach were nude. I'm wondering if it's just starting to get chilly? The people trying to take pictures is rather rude though. :/

Have fun with your tour (hope it's not too cold yet!). Which beaches are you planning to hit up/which ones have you been to before?

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:48:09 am »
Isn't there a privacy law that prevents people from taking pictures of strangers?

highglyder

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:39 am »
Isn't there a privacy law that prevents people from taking pictures of strangers?

Not in public as one does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy when in public.  You can take pictures of people at parks, in a bus, of a collision, and it's all perfectly legal.  Some are morally and ethically dubious, but that's another topic.

Offline norcalnoclothes

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:46 am »
D: how recently was this? I visited in early October and it seemed okay then - most of the people in the northern ~1/4 of the beach were nude. I'm wondering if it's just starting to get chilly? The people trying to take pictures is rather rude though. :/

Have fun with your tour (hope it's not too cold yet!). Which beaches are you planning to hit up/which ones have you been to before?
Sorry for the 3-month late reply on this! I haven't been very active lately. This was posted right after I visited the beach if I remember correctly. It was a fairly nice day out and it was up at the farthest-north part of the beach possible. I ended up not being able to do a bay area beach tour due to time constraints. That will have to wait until summer again I think :)

Offline FLOceanbio

• Topless with bottoms
  • Bacon pizza.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 02:44:28 pm »
Baker is always hit or miss with tourist; especially when it's warm, the clothes come out. lol. Beautiful photo spot. Try Gray whale cove if you get a chance. It is clothed on the south side and clothing optional past the "big rock" on the north end. Most people stick to their preferred comfort zone.
"Every time I slip into the ocean, it's like going home." - Sylvia Earle

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:46:02 pm »
Clothed tourists were trying to get pictures of themselves with nudes in the background for the giggles I guess. It was horrifying and sad to see such a famous nude beach disrespected.

I wonder if this could ever work the other way around. Nudes taking pictures of the textiles for the giggles. "Hey take a picture of me with those loonies in the background! LOL"
, perhaps not.  :tongue:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:47:50 pm by Northman »

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:50 pm »
I just moved to the bay area and I really want to explore some naturism here in the coming months. I did read about that particular beach being a tourist attraction instead of a beach most naturist would want to be, so I'll be looking for other areas nearby.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)