Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Outrage over naked swim day at calgary public pool  (Read 1184 times)

Offline prodigal_son

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Outrage over naked swim day at calgary public pool
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:07:25 am »
Wow a petition of 6,500 against it! Calgary sounds like a prudish place!

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »
6500+ people are showing their ignorance and misguided ideas of mental health and youth safety.
I’m a blunt but fun betch

Offline cjpilotboy

• I'm not sure which is worse, sand in your butt or sand in your socks...
  • Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 27
    • TrueNudist
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:35:11 pm »
It was canceled due to bomb threats and manhunting.  Literally people went to the lengths to threatening domestic terrorism to avoid one group of people form haveing a fun night. With any luck there will be arrests.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/7q25wj/calgarians_need_to_have_a_discussion_about_how/

but the good news keeps on going with this update:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1303607
What is your philosophy?

Offline Sunlover

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 03:07:05 pm »
This is insane. "Not all parents make great choices for their kids, so let's not make these bad choices available to them please!" - this one sentence tells it all about how spiteful those people are. "If it's not for me, let it NOT be for anyone!" How selfish, limited and badly offensive one must be to disturb others' life with such a dumb explanation?

In the same way, if I think smoking MIGHT be bad for smoker's health, I DEMAND cigarettes to be delegalised!!! How come those nasty smokers might even think of lighting one up!?

Man, how much it pisses me off when people are so nosy and prevent others from having fun!
Feel free to send me PMs on any subject!

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 01:01:55 am »
The comments on the Dailywire article are hilarious.  Start off calling anyone who isn’t a Klan member a “Libtard” then move on to Obama’s birth certificate.

As was mentioned the swim was canceled due to a bomb threat as well as threats of car vandalism and other less specific threats. I just love how right wingers minds work: “Nudity is evil and bad for kids. Nudists will molest any children who go to a nude swim. So to protect the children I’m going to blow them all up.”  It just goes to show that the Alt Right retards aren’t limited to ‘Merica anymore.

The good news is the Cotton Tail Corner group in Edmonton hired an extra lifeguard to increase their max allowed attendance for their nude swim last Saturday for any Calgary nudist to go. The bad news is I had to work last weekend and I couldn’t go.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 04:39:12 am »
I dunno, I have a problem with one thing that they mention...

"The site makes note that nudity for men "is REQUIRED," and says women should be "topless at minimum."

I do understand the "time of the month" for women of course, but it's just suggesting that women even be topless, but not mandatory. Where nudity for men is in big bolded style lettering.
Sometimes we think too much and feel too little. -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline sevves

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 11:37:37 am »

when it says nude swimming, I'm thinking of swimming without swimwear aka fully naked.  :walkingflasher why should women come at this time when they don't need to undress or can visit it any day in swimwear??

btw. I totally don't get it why they opposite against a nude swim so heavily with bomb threats? I'm sure its someone retarded that has no life.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 02:21:52 pm »

"The site makes note that nudity for men "is REQUIRED," and says women should be "topless at minimum."

I do understand the "time of the month" for women of course, but it's just suggesting that women even be topless, but not mandatory. Where nudity for men is in big bolded style lettering.
That was in response to the concerns about perverts. By man-dating nudity, they are showing that they make an effort to keep voyeurs out.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 11:26:46 pm »

That was in response to the concerns about perverts. By man-dating nudity, they are showing that they make an effort to keep voyeurs out.

Which I can understand and I would personally want it that way. It needs to be mandated. However, it's suggesting that it's only mandated to men, but not for women.

Like I said, I can understand the time of the month issue, but not every woman there would be on their cycle at the same time. And it's just "suggesting" (not mandating) that women be topless. Whereas men, it's mandated for full nudity.

It just needs to be the same for all. Should be mandated that ALL women are also topless, not just optional, and that women without their periods should be bottomless as well (although obviously one couldn't prove one way or the other).

Ultimately, just my 2 cents on it.
Sometimes we think too much and feel too little. -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline TheNudeBot

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • Why do they say it's wrong to be nude?
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »
Because a protected event is a pervert's paradise... they are judging a group by a 1% that isn't even part of the group.

Offline Spectre

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 05:16:01 am »
The issue was more that the media (the state run CBC news station no less) created chaos. The event got overwhelmed and then the "think of the children" brigade caught wind.

I've been told that legal action is being considered since this group successfully held other events before CBC caught wind and blew it out of proportion.

Its a shame though. Calgary isn't that ridiculous of a city, they just managed to get a small crowd of the biggest idiots in the city into a frenzy. 6,500 out of 1,500,000 is not statistically significant.

Offline chitownnudist

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:55 am »
Really, threats against people swimming naked   :rolleyes: I mean come on seems way over the top.

If I had the money to spend perhaps I would purchase a billboard advertising how most people shower or clean there children.

Offline kb2001

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 04:55:37 pm »
The thing that bothers me most is that it is swimming. There is nothing more natural than swimming naked. The only time I wear swimming trunks is when I absolutely have to, like swimming at school or going to a water park. Feeling water flowing against your bare groin is awesome. It feels so clean. It makes me mad that people think they can deny that to everybody else.

Offline timnudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 12:01:03 am »
The thing that bothers me most is that it is swimming. There is nothing more natural than swimming naked. The only time I wear swimming trunks is when I absolutely have to, like swimming at school or going to a water park. Feeling water flowing against your bare groin is awesome. It feels so clean. It makes me mad that people think they can deny that to everybody else.
:like