Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Facebook worth it?  (Read 494 times)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Is Facebook worth it?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 07:12:34 pm »
And I'd rather not come off like some crazed narcissist thinking people need to hear every deep thought in my head or see pictures of every meal I eat. 

This part is what Twitter fans are known for. I never got onto that one. Some Facebook people go to the extreme, but Twitter users love to update every second of their life.
Sometimes we think too much and feel too little. -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline Shiden Kai San

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Living that Oreo life!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:40 pm »
To be fair, it makes total sense when you're attempting to build a brand.   I suppose I have no problems with people who vie for attention.  Hey, we all have different things that make us happy.   For some people, it's the number of people who follow and like your social media posts.  For others, it's the sound of a V8 engine roaring to the red-line! 

Offline Paul_D

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 04:18:26 am »
You ought to try deactivating your Facebook for a month and see how different your life becomes.

I quit Facebook about four years ago now. The biggest reasons are:
1. I felt uncomfortable to expose details of my life and let them become topics of gossip.
2. Whenever I looked at photos of my friends/acquaintances getting into some school, going on some vacation, etc., I looked down on myself.

Once you quit, you start to spend more time with yourself and discover more in-depth relationships/friendships.
I realized people who genuinely need me will find ways to contact me, whether it's e-mail, phone, etc.
You don't have to let Facebook dictate your friendships, certain events, etc.

Offline MnKSmith

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 11:17:21 pm »
In a word, no. It's a huge time killer and stress inducer. It's just online drama.