Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: ASBO - Nudity made specifically illegal for one individual in the UK  (Read 16118 times)

Sonygmr

I thought this was interesting. Whether or not nudity is specifically illegal in the states they have other charges to slap on, but apparently not in the UK? In the US I feel like these ASBO's would be considered discriminatory or unconstitutional :moon. Thoughts?

https://theconversation.com/how-the-end-of-the-asbo-could-make-naked-ramblers-of-us-all-33561

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 1
Re: ASBO - Nudity made specifically illegal for one individual in the UK
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »
Let me explain this one being a  :police: myself  :wink:

Simply being naked in a public place is not an offence in itself. Anybody in the UK can be legally naked in a public place. However there are offences we can use to arrest that individual such as to prevent breach of the peace, outraging public decency and possibly Section 5 of the Public order act. There are points to prove with all these offences as with all offences.

In March 2014 ASBO's were abolished and replaced with a new system which enabled the Police and other authorities to obtain certain court injunctions against an individual. I won't go into the in's and out's.

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 09:54:10 pm »
I can't speak to British or European law. But many police in the US are blithely unaware of many laws and will find a way to enforce their personal viewpoints. Topfreedom for example is legal in many areas but still enforced like it isn't.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:19 pm »
A horde of "Naked Ramblers" is literally the worst thing that could happen to y'all.

Sonygmr

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 07:25:12 am »
Let me explain this one being a  :police: myself  :wink:

Simply being naked in a public place is not an offence in itself. Anybody in the UK can be legally naked in a public place. However there are offences we can use to arrest that individual such as to prevent breach of the peace, outraging public decency and possibly Section 5 of the Public order act. There are points to prove with all these offences as with all offences.

In March 2014 ASBO's were abolished and replaced with a new system which enabled the Police and other authorities to obtain certain court injunctions against an individual. I won't go into the in's and out's.

Thanks for the update, article must be OLD!

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 01:31:33 am »
A horde of "Naked Ramblers" is literally the worst thing that could happen to y'all.
Elaborate?

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 07:40:10 am »
Elaborate?

If I must...his actions that led to him constantly getting arrested caused some nudist organizations to plead to him to fucking knock it off because he was embarrassing them.

But seriously, if you do time, get out for doing time, and then IMMEDIATELY DO THE THING THAT GOT YOU ARRESTED again and again and again, you're a fucking dumbass that apparently loves a jail cell. No one needs a horde of people doing the same shit.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 04:45:30 pm »
There are two competing attitudes to this behavior. One is that continued civil disobedience has some track record of effecting social change (e.g. civil rights movement, Indian independence, LGBT movement), on the other hand being radical and somewhat mad is likely to alienate society at large, particularly when your cause is a voluntary lifestyle, rather than being a second-class citizen due to circumstances of your birth.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 09:08:08 pm »
There are two competing attitudes to this behavior. One is that continued civil disobedience has some track record of effecting social change (e.g. civil rights movement, Indian independence, LGBT movement), on the other hand being radical and somewhat mad is likely to alienate society at large, particularly when your cause is a voluntary lifestyle, rather than being a second-class citizen due to circumstances of your birth.

Exactly. As I've said here before...no one's gettin' killed out on these streets for being self-proclaimed nudists. I have to worry about people treating me fucked up because I'm afro-latino, not because I sometimes don't wear more than socks. I have to TELL people that. Nudity is pretty much an active choice, the one thing that EVERYONE can do regardless of everything else in their lives, and therefore, is way the fuck down on the "social justice totem pole", so to speak.

There goes Delta the hammer, back at it again, though...

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 07:25:45 am »

huh?
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 07:38:50 am »
I personally agree that the constant civil disobedience will ultimately bring attention to the issue at hand.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:03 am »

huh?

You tend to come into threads and articulate well thought out summaries to what others are saying. In other words: You hit the nail on the head. A lot.