Naturist Resources > NEWS! International Naturist News and Travel Reports

ASBO - Nudity made specifically illegal for one individual in the UK

(1/3) > >>

Sonygmr:
I thought this was interesting. Whether or not nudity is specifically illegal in the states they have other charges to slap on, but apparently not in the UK? In the US I feel like these ASBO's would be considered discriminatory or unconstitutional :moon. Thoughts?

https://theconversation.com/how-the-end-of-the-asbo-could-make-naked-ramblers-of-us-all-33561

Nudielad:
Let me explain this one being a  :police: myself  :wink:

Simply being naked in a public place is not an offence in itself. Anybody in the UK can be legally naked in a public place. However there are offences we can use to arrest that individual such as to prevent breach of the peace, outraging public decency and possibly Section 5 of the Public order act. There are points to prove with all these offences as with all offences.

In March 2014 ASBO's were abolished and replaced with a new system which enabled the Police and other authorities to obtain certain court injunctions against an individual. I won't go into the in's and out's.

Kyle:
I can't speak to British or European law. But many police in the US are blithely unaware of many laws and will find a way to enforce their personal viewpoints. Topfreedom for example is legal in many areas but still enforced like it isn't.

Riot.EXE:
A horde of "Naked Ramblers" is literally the worst thing that could happen to y'all.

Sonygmr:

--- Quote from: Nudielad on April 25, 2018, 04:52:36 pm ---Let me explain this one being a  :police: myself  :wink:

Simply being naked in a public place is not an offence in itself. Anybody in the UK can be legally naked in a public place. However there are offences we can use to arrest that individual such as to prevent breach of the peace, outraging public decency and possibly Section 5 of the Public order act. There are points to prove with all these offences as with all offences.

In March 2014 ASBO's were abolished and replaced with a new system which enabled the Police and other authorities to obtain certain court injunctions against an individual. I won't go into the in's and out's.

Thanks for the update, article must be OLD!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version