Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: My personal research on places to enjoy being naked in (near) Amsterdam!  (Read 21391 times)

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
So, some months ago I posted a topic here (https://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,27018.msg255617.html#msg255617) asking about places to enjoy clothes free in/near Amsterdam and did not receive much of an answer so I put hands to work and this is my contribution for any visitor or local wondering about this.

This is for sure not an exhaustive list but one of the places I visited in the order I visited them. To be honest I thought there will be more places to enjoy some naked liberty given Amstedams' fame for being an open city, but the ones I visited were overall nice. I include a map with the location of each place. I had a favorite though. So this is the list.

Sauna Deco

The first one I visited. Its a cozy small spa just about 15 minutes away walking from Amsterdam Centraal. Theres a sauna and a steam bath. Theres also a cold pool, a solarium and some nice chairs to have a break. The place is "old fashioned". Upon entering you are told it is a nude spa and you make the payment, which is 21 euros. Do take a towel and slippers with you to save some additional money, otherwise youll have to rent them. They provide  you with a locker key. The changing rooms are mixed (quite a surprise) and you are required to use a robe or a towel at the dining room. Other than than that you can be naked in all other facilities. When I went there was a nice mix of people of all ages and both genres. I feel that there were even more women than men. The good thing about this place is that it is very centric and not that expensive. The owner (or the guy at the front desk is not precisely nice but after paying you dont have to deal with it anymore. So if you dont want to move away from Amsterdam or want an indoors option and also have a some nice you time it is a good option. The closest tram station is Niewezijds Kolk. Tram lines 1, 2, 5, 13 and 17 get you there. Told you, quite centric.

Spa Zuiver

Yes, another spa. I like to have a good time! This one is a bit far away from downtown, just next to Amsterdamse Bos (the forest) and just a metro station away from Schipol Airport. This place is huge, it has an indoor pool that connects with an amazing outdoor pool. There are jacuzzis, 7 saunas (I tried only 4), one steam bath, showers, an indoor cascade, a cold water pool and it is a whole wellness center. The saunas are themed, so there is a music sauna and a color sauna. There is also a caldarium, which is a warm place with water sounds where you can relax and read a book or simply fall asleep. The place has a bar and a restaurant. You are required to wear a robe in the restaurant, but other than that you can be happily nude everywhere else. When you arrive they give you a wrist band to open a locker in the changing room, which is also mixed of course. The changing rooms are huge and very modern. Every detail is taken care off, there are fresh flowers and also nice music. The environment is relaxed and friendly. People from all ages go in there: couples, friends, solo women and men. Since it is a big place even when it is crowded you have space for yourself. I went there three times, alone and with a friend, and every time it was a nice experience. The possible bad part of it is the price: 35 euros for a whole day visit and 29 if you enter after 5 pm. Some times they have a 2x1 promotion. But its worth every cent. Please take a robe/towel and your slippers with you. Otherwise they will happily rent it to you for some additional 9 euros or so. The tram/metro stop for it is AJ Ernstsraat.

Amsterdam Forest

Another urban nudist spot. This place is only a reserved place inside Amsterdamse Bos where nudity is allowed. If you want to go there you have to take with you anything you will require since there is only a source of drinkable water at the entrance. There are also some tables for a picnic. The place is well guarded by trees. When I went there there were only men, but I went on a wednesday, so Im pretty sure there are more visitors during a weekend. Not much more to say about this spot. Its green and if the weather is good then its nice. The closest bus stop is Amstelveen Hoofdkantoor. 

Zandvoort

The largest and busiest beach in the Netherlands besides Scheveningen. I must say that this is not precisely in Amsterdam but in, yes, you guessed right: Zandvoort. This small beach city is 30 min away from Amsterdam Centraal by train. Not all the beach allows nudity. To get to the nude beach you have to walk like 30 min from Zandvoort train station to the spot I marked on the map. Or a better option might be to rent a bike to get as close to the beach as you can and then have a walk. The walking distance from where you can leave your bike to where the nudist beach starts is about 10 min (included in the first 30 min). Theres a nice nudist friendly beach pavilion called Adam and Eve (you get the idea?) with everything you can need: showers, sunbeds, shades, a restaurant and a bar. The cost of leasing a sunbed and a shade is 7.50 euros. You can get rid of your clothes and dont ever use them again until you leave. You can even get into the restaurant to order your beverages or food naked. I went there once and it was a nice experience. I noted that there were predominantly older couples in there. A total lack of young people except for 5 guys/girls I saw. To get there get to Amsterdam Centraal and catch a train to Zandvoort station, you can also go to Harleem and from there to Zandvoort. The single ticket price is 5 euros.

So, If I had to pick between the two spas Id pick Zuiver for sure. And if I had to choose between the two outdoor places I pick Zandvoort.

If you have been to any of this places and I missed something or if you have a question leave a message. Ill try to catch up. Hope someone finds this useful.

Here is the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/x4hisf8EzU22

BTW... I attach a photo of my new bathing suit in Zandvoort!  :laughing

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:50:56 pm by jonath »

Offline Bas

• Nude without Towel
  • I like to be nude whenever possible. :)
  • Referrals: 1
Really cool to read such an extended review of places in my home country that I'm very familiar with! Expect for Sauna Deco, which I still have to pay a visit.

Great you all liked it!! Spa Zuiver is amazing indeed. I went to the forest this afternoon, the weather is sooo nice these days. :D

There's more for sure. Contact me when you're ready for your next adventures in 'The Dam'. :)

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
Yes. Im happy I got to see some nice weather. Sadly Ill be leaving soon. I enjoyed being in Amsterdam this months a lot.

Offline Bas

• Nude without Towel
  • I like to be nude whenever possible. :)
  • Referrals: 1
Yes. Im happy I got to see some nice weather. Sadly Ill be leaving soon. I enjoyed being in Amsterdam this months a lot.

Glad you liked it! And sorry that you have to leave soon... What's your next destination?

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
Well. For now back to my country. Hope I can return here soon.

Offline amt1984

• Topless with bottoms
  • Mike
  • Referrals: 6
As a traveler, I really appreciate the time you took to detail all of your experiences.  I'm sure I'll use this guide next time I'm in Amsterdam.  I'm sitting on the couch thinking of how much nicer it would be to relax in a spa.

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
Well... Its good to know it is useful to somebody! If you try @amt1984  let me know what do you think. And believe me, its way much better, at least from my point of view, than the beach.

Offline dooley1001

• Cryptocurrencies are the future!
  • Nude with Towel
  • fkk
  • Referrals: 23
Re: My personal research on places to enjoy being naked in (near) Amsterdam!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 02:56:24 am »
So, some months ago I posted a topic here (https://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,27018.msg255617.html#msg255617) asking about places to enjoy clothes free in/near Amsterdam and did not receive much of an answer so I put hands to work and this is my contribution for any visitor or local wondering about this.

This is for sure not an exhaustive list but one of the places I visited in the order I visited them. To be honest I thought there will be more places to enjoy some naked liberty given Amstedams' fame for being an open city, but the ones I visited were overall nice. I include a map with the location of each place. I had a favorite though. So this is the list.

Sauna Deco

The first one I visited. Its a cozy small spa just about 15 minutes away walking from Amsterdam Centraal. Theres a sauna and a steam bath. Theres also a cold pool, a solarium and some nice chairs to have a break. The place is "old fashioned". Upon entering you are told it is a nude spa and you make the payment, which is 21 euros. Do take a towel and slippers with you to save some additional money, otherwise youll have to rent them. They provide  you with a locker key. The changing rooms are mixed (quite a surprise) and you are required to use a robe or a towel at the dining room. Other than than that you can be naked in all other facilities. When I went there was a nice mix of people of all ages and both genres. I feel that there were even more women than men. The good thing about this place is that it is very centric and not that expensive. The owner (or the guy at the front desk is not precisely nice but after paying you dont have to deal with it anymore. So if you dont want to move away from Amsterdam or want an indoors option and also have a some nice you time it is a good option. The closest tram station is Niewezijds Kolk. Tram lines 1, 2, 5, 13 and 17 get you there. Told you, quite centric.

Spa Zuiver

Yes, another spa. I like to have a good time! This one is a bit far away from downtown, just next to Amsterdamse Bos (the forest) and just a metro station away from Schipol Airport. This place is huge, it has an indoor pool that connects with an amazing outdoor pool. There are jacuzzis, 7 saunas (I tried only 4), one steam bath, showers, an indoor cascade, a cold water pool and it is a whole wellness center. The saunas are themed, so there is a music sauna and a color sauna. There is also a caldarium, which is a warm place with water sounds where you can relax and read a book or simply fall asleep. The place has a bar and a restaurant. You are required to wear a robe in the restaurant, but other than that you can be happily nude everywhere else. When you arrive they give you a wrist band to open a locker in the changing room, which is also mixed of course. The changing rooms are huge and very modern. Every detail is taken care off, there are fresh flowers and also nice music. The environment is relaxed and friendly. People from all ages go in there: couples, friends, solo women and men. Since it is a big place even when it is crowded you have space for yourself. I went there three times, alone and with a friend, and every time it was a nice experience. The possible bad part of it is the price: 35 euros for a whole day visit and 29 if you enter after 5 pm. Some times they have a 2x1 promotion. But its worth every cent. Please take a robe/towel and your slippers with you. Otherwise they will happily rent it to you for some additional 9 euros or so. The tram/metro stop for it is AJ Ernstsraat.

Amsterdam Forest

Another urban nudist spot. This place is only a reserved place inside Amsterdamse Bos where nudity is allowed. If you want to go there you have to take with you anything you will require since there is only a source of drinkable water at the entrance. There are also some tables for a picnic. The place is well guarded by trees. When I went there there were only men, but I went on a wednesday, so Im pretty sure there are more visitors during a weekend. Not much more to say about this spot. Its green and if the weather is good then its nice. The closest bus stop is Amstelveen Hoofdkantoor. 

Zandvoort

The largest and busiest beach in the Netherlands besides Scheveningen. I must say that this is not precisely in Amsterdam but in, yes, you guessed right: Zandvoort. This small beach city is 30 min away from Amsterdam Centraal by train. Not all the beach allows nudity. To get to the nude beach you have to walk like 30 min from Zandvoort train station to the spot I marked on the map. Or a better option might be to rent a bike to get as close to the beach as you can and then have a walk. The walking distance from where you can leave your bike to where the nudist beach starts is about 10 min (included in the first 30 min). Theres a nice nudist friendly beach pavilion called Adam and Eve (you get the idea?) with everything you can need: showers, sunbeds, shades, a restaurant and a bar. The cost of leasing a sunbed and a shade is 7.50 euros. You can get rid of your clothes and dont ever use them again until you leave. You can even get into the restaurant to order your beverages or food naked. I went there once and it was a nice experience. I noted that there were predominantly older couples in there. A total lack of young people except for 5 guys/girls I saw. To get there get to Amsterdam Centraal and catch a train to Zandvoort station, you can also go to Harleem and from there to Zandvoort. The single ticket price is 5 euros.

So, If I had to pick between the two spas Id pick Zuiver for sure. And if I had to choose between the two outdoor places I pick Zandvoort.

If you have been to any of this places and I missed something or if you have a question leave a message. Ill try to catch up. Hope someone finds this useful.

Here is the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/x4hisf8EzU22

BTW... I attach a photo of my new bathing suit in Zandvoort!  :laughing

When you look at the Spa Zuiver website it shows many people with towels. Is it required to cover yourself when you walk around ? I would like to leave the towel in the locker room and walk around naked EVERYWHERE ? is this not suitable here ?

Offline collegeguy77

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 05:08:50 pm »
Thanks man! Last time I was in Amsterdam a few years back, I did not know where to go. Very helpful!

Offline noclue

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 07:49:31 pm »
When you look at the Spa Zuiver website it shows many people with towels. Is it required to cover yourself when you walk around ? I would like to leave the towel in the locker room and walk around naked EVERYWHERE ? is this not suitable here ?

What you have at Spa Zuiver, any the majority of other spas in the Netherlands, are bathing suit days. These are special days during which everyone is required to wear bathing suits, those days are often used to take photos for their websites. When it comes to towels everything is setup to take the photo for websites and advertisements, so they don't show nudity and show people either creatively censored through means of water/plants, etc., or wearing towels. On every other occasion; within sauna rooms, pools, baths, tubs, showers, other rooms, being naked is required, walking around is usually done in towels or bathrobes, but not a complete necessity. Restaurants at spas always require bathrobes as far as I have experienced and am aware.

Hope that answered your question. :) If not, then shoot another!

Offline kotori

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 09:16:36 pm »
Thank you jonath, I have just booked Hotel Zuiver so I can stay till it’s closing!

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:07 am »
@dooley1001 nope... only tuesdays are bathing suits days. The rest of the days are naked days! Leave your towel hanging in there and enjoy the place.

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:51 am »
Thanks man! Last time I was in Amsterdam a few years back, I did not know where to go. Very helpful!

@collegeguy77 glad you found it useful!

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:54 am »
Thank you jonath, I have just booked Hotel Zuiver so I can stay till it’s closing!

@kotori hope you enjoyed. Id like to be there again. Its  such a great place.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 03:50:23 pm »
I'm a sucker for Art Deco so combine that with a spa I can get naked in? Sign me up. If I ever get around to taking that dream European vacation, that's a definite stop.