General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

Nude Gyms

<< < (9/15) > >>

timnudist:

--- Quote from: celticryan on December 10, 2019, 05:54:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sofia on December 09, 2019, 09:23:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: celticryan on December 09, 2019, 08:01:10 pm ---Over the past two months we've turned our basement into a home gym with treadmill, exercise bike, free weights/bench, pull up bar, punchbag and gloves/pads, it's amazing for all the reasons people have said, you don't need to wear horrible sweaty clothes, you feel more free/agile and you can actually see different muscle groups at work, it's 10/10!

--- End quote ---

Wow @celticryan that sounds amazing, you are lucky to have that. I would love to have a set up like that

--- End quote ---

Yeah we have a few more things we're looking to get but we've kitted it out really well so far and it's so cool being able to train whenever as much as you want then go right up for a nice shower and relax!

--- End quote ---

:like kick ass set up

deepcreeknaturist85:
If they are I'd really like to find one in California and give it a try.

Tree:
Despite the noise, I always liked those old exercise bikes with the fans for wheels to keep you cool.

Ricshiz:

--- Quote from: Statik on May 26, 2018, 10:47:40 pm ---So are nude gyms a thing?  Around the beginning of the year I started getting into the whole gym thing (I'm big, and trying to work on that, and strangely naturism helps me feel better about my size) and kind of thought that this would be the ideal thing to be doing nude.  I mean, as we probably all know, it's in the meaning of the word 'gym.' 

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

--- End quote ---

It’s definitely a thing although not exactly a big thing.

There’s a lot of hygienic issues when it comes to that especially since everyone has different ideas of clean even a normal gym for some is dirty.

Personally I think it’s better to be a private home gym thing since you can keep an eye on what everyone is doing and you can keep all the equipment clean to your own standards.

Interested Nudist:

--- Quote from: Ricshiz on May 23, 2021, 12:56:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: Statik on May 26, 2018, 10:47:40 pm ---So are nude gyms a thing?  Around the beginning of the year I started getting into the whole gym thing (I'm big, and trying to work on that, and strangely naturism helps me feel better about my size) and kind of thought that this would be the ideal thing to be doing nude.  I mean, as we probably all know, it's in the meaning of the word 'gym.' 

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

--- End quote ---

It’s definitely a thing although not exactly a big thing.

There’s a lot of hygienic issues when it comes to that especially since everyone has different ideas of clean even a normal gym for some is dirty.

Personally I think it’s better to be a private home gym thing since you can keep an eye on what everyone is doing and you can keep all the equipment clean to your own standards.

--- End quote ---

I'm inclined to agree. I would only do a nude workout at home if I do for hygiene reasons. At a gym, it's probably better to wear some shirt and pants for hygiene. Because you really don't know what someone did there or what their sense of hygiene is. Not to mention, you'd have everyone's sweat all over the place so unless you want that to come onto your skin, you should wear some coverings.

I will say this though, exercising in the nude sure is comfortable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version