Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Gyms  (Read 64363 times)

Statik

Nude Gyms
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:47:40 pm »
So are nude gyms a thing?  Around the beginning of the year I started getting into the whole gym thing (I'm big, and trying to work on that, and strangely naturism helps me feel better about my size) and kind of thought that this would be the ideal thing to be doing nude.  I mean, as we probably all know, it's in the meaning of the word 'gym.' 

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

Offline Leyoh

• Been there nude, Done that naked
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nudist gamer, future doctor
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Nude Gyms
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:26:59 pm »
I agree ! Sweaty clothes are the worst
Living my best life naked !

Statik

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:41:31 pm »
I mean it would certainly make the gym bag lighter too!

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:19:50 am »
There is areas that might do nude yoga, especially in England, or that have a nude swimming area.

But in the US, good luck finding something like that. Like I said, maybe the yoga classes and BIG maybe on the swimming pool, but that'd be about a close as you could get. We're all sticklers over here after all, haha.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline jonath

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 04:01:16 am »
I dont like the idea. I go to the gym and I hate to find a machine all full of sweat. Some clothing at least keeps a little bit of sweat from spilling all over. On the other hand I may not require clothes but I may require a huge towel to cover the machine seats. That is quite unpractical. Also, I believe that gym is one of those situations where some support is needed, at least for men!

Statik

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:40 am »
I dont like the idea. I go to the gym and I hate to find a machine all full of sweat. Some clothing at least keeps a little bit of sweat from spilling all over. On the other hand I may not require clothes but I may require a huge towel to cover the machine seats. That is quite unpractical. Also, I believe that gym is one of those situations where some support is needed, at least for men!

This is true, and I did sort of consider that.  Though I would think that considerate cleaning practices could alleviate that problem.  Like the gym I go to has little spray bottle and paper towel stations *everywhere* and an understanding that you clean down any piece of equipment after use.  I imagine a similar or better policy could be a norm in a nude (or maybe near nude or something) gym environment.

But yeah, some things (ahem!  treadmills) benefit from the structure of clothing.

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:59:09 am »
I have mixed feelings about this.

I can definitely see the possibility of someone not cleaning their machine and leaving sweat and body hair behind. There's nothing wrong with those things, but i didn't ask for them.

On the other hand, i hate having to constantly pull my boxers down under my shorts or the feeling of the sweaty collar around my neck.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 11:34:28 am »

I don't think so. After all (according to evolutionary biologists), humans are among the best long distance runners and have been so before the invention of clothing. Indeed our ancestors probably ran faster than we do in the nude on a regular basis. Food for thought.

Offline Fomalhaut

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 01:45:00 pm »
Clothes or not the gym equipment is always dirty/sweaty after someone uses it, gyms typically require (though it isn't enforced) to bring towels to rest your head/body against the machines. A nude gym would simply have to make it mandatory, but I'm fairly certain nudists in general would upkeep the rule more so than in your standard gym. I always clean the equipment before and after using it with the spray/papertowels they provide at gyms. It's the gym, If you're concerned about germs you're in the wrong place.

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this.

I can definitely see the possibility of someone not cleaning their machine and leaving sweat and body hair behind. There's nothing wrong with those things, but i didn't ask for them.

On the other hand, i hate having to constantly pull my boxers down under my shorts or the feeling of the sweaty collar around my neck.

This. I really hate it when I go on a machine and there is sweat on it. Clean that shit.
But I do hate the way clothes sometimes feel or get in the way. I would especially like to naked and there is a mirror to see both my muscles and form when working out thou

Offline werecuddle

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm leaving Guam coz of NoKor
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 11:35:45 pm »
Nah.. Not my cup of coffee. All those sweat.

Nudity is Applicable only for stand up exercises.

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 02:11:11 am »
I'm with were. It may be comfortable to work out naked but all the germs, my god. I'd have to shower immediately after my workout and people would have to wipe down the equipment after use every time. Currently, they dont...

Statik

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 04:40:52 am »
I don't think so. After all (according to evolutionary biologists), humans are among the best long distance runners and have been so before the invention of clothing. Indeed our ancestors probably ran faster than we do in the nude on a regular basis. Food for thought.

Oooh!  Great point!  However, I do wonder how they didn't have issues with this though...

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 09:42:41 am »
I'm with were. It may be comfortable to work out naked but all the germs, my god. I'd have to shower immediately after my workout and people would have to wipe down the equipment after use every time. Currently, they dont...

There would need to be a change in gym culture - but I guess a naturist would be more inclined to notice this kind of thing and act in accordance. Right?

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »

Oooh!  Great point!  However, I do wonder how they didn't have issues with this though...

I think that it is more an exercise in ignoring the awkwardness. But, I am effectively a closet nudist (though everyone knows), so I wouldn't know for sure. It would be cool to set up a chain of nudist gyms. The trick would be to try and simply make it clothing neutral. I would imagine having equipment located in the locker room's and co-ed locker rooms.

Though off-topic, I would like to point out that we need better media coverage. Unfortunately, many of our members (such as my low conscientious self) are too free-spirited to hold down and get a media project off the ground (I can barely get my assignments done on time, lol). But that would be what we need. Perhaps a GoFundMe or Kickstarter for such a Gym and/or media project?