Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Gyms  (Read 64429 times)

Offline MnKSmith

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nude Gyms
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 10:11:21 pm »
I think there would be health benefits to a nude gym. The natural body is designed to workout naturally to strengthen muscles and ligaments that rely on clothes for support.

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 01:58:38 am »
I'm with were. It may be comfortable to work out naked but all the germs, my god. I'd have to shower immediately after my workout and people would have to wipe down the equipment after use every time. Currently, they dont...

There would need to be a change in gym culture - but I guess a naturist would be more inclined to notice this kind of thing and act in accordance. Right?
True dat but at least here in the states, I imagine there aren't many naturists going to my gym. It'd be a little rough getting everyone on board.

Offline LColly

• Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:41 pm »
I would love to go to a nude gym :) especially yogo :)

Offline AtheJ

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Oh geez, I better think of something clever to put
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 02:43:38 am »
It could work, but I could also see problems. Not having to deal with sweaty clothes would be nice, but those same clothes soak up a lot of the sweat. This issue could be helped by having people lay down towels and clean off the equipment after they use it, but if people forget to it would be pretty unpleasant.

Offline Night Listener

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »
Here in Germany, to my knowledge it is standard to prescribe the use of towels on the machines. Clothes hold the sweat only partially, shorts and tank tops will always allow to sweat on the seats, and even fully clothed users can leave sweat if they get wet enough. Therefore, naked workout would not really be a problem of hygiene.

But I doubt there will be such an offer, simply lack of demand. Even many of "us", who consider themselves as naturists or at least as interested in nude recreation, are hesitant and have a feeling of awkwardness when they imagine such a setting. Only naturist associations may perhaps think about this. In Berlin, there seems to be a very active association with many offers for sport activities, if they had the necessary financial resources, perhaps they would think about establishing a gym, but this is probably way too expensive for a non commercial association.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 03:58:15 pm »

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

:agree
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline calypso

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 08:44:00 pm »
I have read that there is a nude yoga class in LA. If that helps anyone but I’m not all that interested into yoga.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 11:56:43 pm »
I have read that there is a nude yoga class in LA. If that helps anyone but I’m not all that interested into yoga.

I think nude yoga is catching on fairly rapidly as of late. The club I'm part of hosts one every few weeks or so during the winter season. I've never joined it but it seems rather popular and draws a crowd each time they host it.

As for a nude gym... I would be more willing to join a gym if they offered a nude session. I do agree with everyone else in this thread that hygiene and courtesy are priorities. Which brings me up to my next point: isn't it a major naturist etiquette to always have a towel in hand and always sit on towels?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:15:06 am by carbon »

Statik

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 05:31:19 am »
Oh definitely it is.  However, I could also see a nude gym getting a lot of non-naturists interested in joining.  As in, they are new to it, have no connections or anything with naturists, and may not be aware of things like that.  Of course, then I could see such a gym as being a great learning experience AND reinforcing hygiene.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 01:48:06 pm »
Oh definitely it is.  However, I could also see a nude gym getting a lot of non-naturists interested in joining.  As in, they are new to it, have no connections or anything with naturists, and may not be aware of things like that.  Of course, then I could see such a gym as being a great learning experience AND reinforcing hygiene.

But then again, people are still vehemently opposed to the idea of showering naked after swimming at public pools, and people have (unsuccessfully) lobbied to ban it outright for some weird reason.

I think a logical step to naturalize nudity in a gym environment for the non-nudist population would be offering segregated gender sessions as a complementary option.

Offline Bobisnekkid

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 13
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 09:56:18 pm »
One of the the locker rooms in my university had a few pieces of equipment and it wasn't completely out of the ordinary to see people working out nude. I even did it a few times. But I definitely had a towel to cover the seats and such.

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 04:38:15 am »
One of the the locker rooms in my university had a few pieces of equipment and it wasn't completely out of the ordinary to see people working out nude. I even did it a few times. But I definitely had a towel to cover the seats and such.

I feel like this would be a great way to ease people in to it. Maybe post a sign that says that some towel or protective layer is needed. Then gradually move to a clothing-optional night with months of advertisement in advance so that nobody is caught off guard.

Offline Bobisnekkid

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 13
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »

I feel like this would be a great way to ease people in to it. Maybe post a sign that says that some towel or protective layer is needed. Then gradually move to a clothing-optional night with months of advertisement in advance so that nobody is caught off guard.

I actually suggested a nude swim night at the pool there once in the school paper. I never got any feedback except for my mother's glare lol

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 07:20:57 am »

I actually suggested a nude swim night at the pool there once in the school paper. I never got any feedback except for my mother's glare lol

:laughing maybe she should be one of the first ones convinced!

But I am curious as to how that would work. Would you have to rent out the pool as a private member or a public group? Would you have to pay a deposit? I think it could definitely be an option up here.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 11:46:05 am »

:laughing maybe she should be one of the first ones convinced!

But I am curious as to how that would work. Would you have to rent out the pool as a private member or a public group? Would you have to pay a deposit? I think it could definitely be an option up here.

Well, I don't know about the school part, but our club regularly rent out pools for swim events. Around these parts, it's around 200 for special pools and 100 for regular ones per day.