Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Gyms  (Read 64358 times)

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nude Gyms
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 07:36:16 am »
Side-note: I feel that if people were able to work out nude, we would be better able to see how our muscles work and what we can do to improve exercising them. I know that I can flex certain muscles (the few that aren't covered in flab) but I'd be curious to see how the muscles look when I'm actually working out.

Offline AspieNaked

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Nakie is good, nakie is free, nakie is... nakie!
    • My Tumblr Page
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 05:29:01 am »
I would love a nude gym. Not having to deal with hot, sweaty clothes. My skin gets so irritated when I work out becouse of the sweaty clothes rubbing. Being nude would eliminate that situation for me. Also being nude gives you greater range of motion compared to when you are clothed.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 10:05:17 am »
What would our hypothetical IYNO gymnasium have? What kind of facilities, spaces and equipment? Just wanted to ask how people would use the gym.

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 05:06:42 pm »
I don't know of any but its an awesome idea. I love working out but really am not a fan of adjusting sweaty clothing. Getting a workout in naked would be much preferred.

Offline AspieNaked

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Nakie is good, nakie is free, nakie is... nakie!
    • My Tumblr Page
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 11:49:49 pm »
What would our hypothetical IYNO gymnasium have? What kind of facilities, spaces and equipment? Just wanted to ask how people would use the gym.

Workout room with equipment, gymnasium, pool, running track.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 08:23:01 am »
I would love a designated section for training with heavier free weights, powerlifting, just to have a safe place where people don't wander in. But lots of free weights in general. I have always had problems finding well-behaving clothes for squatting, more than once the seams break.

Offline cyclingdr4444

• Read-Only
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »
I much prefer working out naked, which I do at home all the time (for instance, just finished a bodyweight session). I also go to the gym (textile, of course),but the gym as it is currently populated would be interesting to say the least. The meat heads who populate the free weight section are a culture of their own. But the aerobics classes and aerobic machine sections could be a lot of fun. Not at all worried about the germs-- as a previous poster mentioned, the gym is covered in germs- whether you are clothed or not! Just clean yourself well when you leave!

celticryan

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2019, 08:01:10 pm »
Over the past two months we've turned our basement into a home gym with treadmill, exercise bike, free weights/bench, pull up bar, punchbag and gloves/pads, it's amazing for all the reasons people have said, you don't need to wear horrible sweaty clothes, you feel more free/agile and you can actually see different muscle groups at work, it's 10/10!

Offline Sofia

• Bare Squad - Special Girls Unit
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2019, 09:23:49 pm »
Over the past two months we've turned our basement into a home gym with treadmill, exercise bike, free weights/bench, pull up bar, punchbag and gloves/pads, it's amazing for all the reasons people have said, you don't need to wear horrible sweaty clothes, you feel more free/agile and you can actually see different muscle groups at work, it's 10/10!

Wow @celticryan that sounds amazing, you are lucky to have that. I would love to have a set up like that

celticryan

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 05:54:46 pm »

Wow @celticryan that sounds amazing, you are lucky to have that. I would love to have a set up like that

Yeah we have a few more things we're looking to get but we've kitted it out really well so far and it's so cool being able to train whenever as much as you want then go right up for a nice shower and relax!

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2019, 06:20:34 pm »

Yeah we have a few more things we're looking to get but we've kitted it out really well so far and it's so cool being able to train whenever as much as you want then go right up for a nice shower and relax!

:like kick ass set up
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2019, 07:28:40 pm »
If they are I'd really like to find one in California and give it a try.

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 05:13:58 pm »
Despite the noise, I always liked those old exercise bikes with the fans for wheels to keep you cool.
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Ricshiz

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 12:56:39 pm »
So are nude gyms a thing?  Around the beginning of the year I started getting into the whole gym thing (I'm big, and trying to work on that, and strangely naturism helps me feel better about my size) and kind of thought that this would be the ideal thing to be doing nude.  I mean, as we probably all know, it's in the meaning of the word 'gym.' 

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

It’s definitely a thing although not exactly a big thing.

There’s a lot of hygienic issues when it comes to that especially since everyone has different ideas of clean even a normal gym for some is dirty.

Personally I think it’s better to be a private home gym thing since you can keep an eye on what everyone is doing and you can keep all the equipment clean to your own standards.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2021, 02:33:49 pm »
So are nude gyms a thing?  Around the beginning of the year I started getting into the whole gym thing (I'm big, and trying to work on that, and strangely naturism helps me feel better about my size) and kind of thought that this would be the ideal thing to be doing nude.  I mean, as we probably all know, it's in the meaning of the word 'gym.' 

It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for a lot of things.  Maybe some practical, minimalistic textiles for some of the more aerobic activities to keep things in place a little bit, but all in all, i get the feeling that most of the people in my gym would rather be nude (like those shirts that are...not really much of a shirt).  Especially with the obsession of 'tech fabrics' to keep the body dry, it all seems so counterproductive.

It’s definitely a thing although not exactly a big thing.

There’s a lot of hygienic issues when it comes to that especially since everyone has different ideas of clean even a normal gym for some is dirty.

Personally I think it’s better to be a private home gym thing since you can keep an eye on what everyone is doing and you can keep all the equipment clean to your own standards.

I'm inclined to agree. I would only do a nude workout at home if I do for hygiene reasons. At a gym, it's probably better to wear some shirt and pants for hygiene. Because you really don't know what someone did there or what their sense of hygiene is. Not to mention, you'd have everyone's sweat all over the place so unless you want that to come onto your skin, you should wear some coverings.

I will say this though, exercising in the nude sure is comfortable.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates