Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Age range  (Read 11305 times)

lowlaw

Age range
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:01:49 pm »
Question regarding the site as a whole I hope someone can help me, I’m being devils advocate here - some may have heard of the recent youth inspired naturist event NKD fest/ now there was a bit of a kick off amongst the elder naturist community saying how they didn’t feel welcome or that they should be there and there is a simple reason for that.. they wasn’t :)

Naturism needs new and younger members to keep true naturism alive and see a surge of numbers heading back to the clubs - the elder community are damaging the image and are putting off first timers by the bitterness to not always be made to feel welcome at events even though some are directly marketed for a younger crowd..

Now here is where I want to throw that into the mix.. what is this sites core age demographic? Because International Young Naturists Organisation for me should literally be that. It’s great others are interested in naturism or joining sites but personally I’d like to know what ages are welcome to join this site..

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Age range
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 07:13:54 pm »
Now here is where I want to throw that into the mix.. what is this sites core age demographic? Because International Young Naturists Organisation for me should literally be that. It’s great others are interested in naturism or joining sites but personally I’d like to know what ages are welcome to join this site..

We cater exclusively to the 14-40 range, but to pretty much anyone inside that range. People who are old enough to join online communities without being watched by their parents throughout, yet younger than the crowd that dominates the nudist establishment, so to say. I would say that our principal focus is on the late teens / early 20s crowd, but we try not to narrow it down too much.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 08:13:20 pm »
Sure, but by the standards of some naturist communities out there, anyone who is not yet retired qualifies as "young". We try to be inclusive, but we need to cater to the youth first and foremost. Most INF-affiliated national bodies tend to put the cutoff for their youth groups somewhere in the mid-30s. We allow people a little above that range, but not that far beyond.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »
Hahaha that is so true! It was so funny at the last BN event where our group of like 20-25 year olds were doing a Richard Attenborough inspired commentary when a lone naturist 50+ turned up at the event aimed for anyone under 35 and families lol
Richard? As in "Welcome to Jurassic Park!"?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:34:20 pm »
Fitting either way  :tongue:

Note: I moved this discussion out of the topic because it was not really fitting well in there.

Offline Marzipan

• Nude without Towel
  • "Enthusiasm for life defeats existential fear."
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 11:53:15 pm »
-Mark from Pennsylvania

Offline Leyoh

• Been there nude, Done that naked
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nudist gamer, future doctor
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 02:27:19 pm »
I personally think that being a young naturist from a non naturist family is pretty hard and rare :/ especially before 18yo...
As a 17yo boy myself (and raised in a very non naturist household), it was challenging for me to try naturism in secret / without my parents agreement.

Moreover it’s has been pretty scary fir me to sign up in a naturist forum like IYNO because of what i’ve been told about sexual predators online :c

So unfortunately, I understand why young naturists are still a minority even on a young naturists forum
Living my best life naked !