Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Microtransactions  (Read 1207 times)

Offline SecretlytruenudeM92

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Microtransactions
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:13:45 am »
Just curious to see everyones opinon on this. Gaming seems to have gone from digital art form meant to entertain to shameless scamming of addicted and fabulously wealthy gamers at the expense of everyone elses experience.

Some things of note are the god awful loot boxes that you must grind for HOURS or shell out serious cash to get, resource war games like Hackers, Clash of Clans, and War Dragons that basically force players to wait insane amounts of time for resources to generate or pay real money to speed up the process and more often than not get those resources you pay for stolen by another player. Oh and let's not forget my new "favorite" Star Citizen. A game that isn't even out yet and is charging $28,000usd to insta unlock everything in the non-existent game.

I personally think the world needs to put serious consumer protection laws in place to stop this from continuing any longer.
The greatest danger for humanity lies not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and achieving our mark.

Offline Leyoh

• Been there nude, Done that naked
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nudist gamer, future doctor
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Microtransactions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:05 am »
I personnaly play League of Legends, Guild wars 2 and Paladins which are free to play games.
They do have skins and accessories that we can buy with real money but it’s just comestics.
So as long as it doesnt give an advantage over others, then I dont mind and I understand their need to have a money income
Living my best life naked !

Offline Harold

• Nude with Towel
  • Hello all. send me a message if you want to talk
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:35:12 pm »
I hate games that have micro transactions. i mean yea ok i understand maybe paying extra for skins and stuff that dont actually affect the game but i hate games that you pay $70 for then have tho spend more money to get content thats already in the game. 

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 09:29:26 pm »
As long as it’s not content or advantages inside of them, I have no problems.

Like overwatch is just fine for their loot boxes. It’s all cosmetic.

But battlefield having in game advantages is wrong.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline SecretlytruenudeM92

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 07:04:54 am »
I dunno. I still think the "income" excuse devs keep throwing out is horse shit. Look at games like Borderlands and the original Halo trilogy. They made boat loads of cash without those $5-$100 buttons and bordelands dlc was actually made after the games release and only added new content and lots of it. Even if you didn't buy the dlc the main game was balanced and complete.

And consider this. What if games like Overwatch threw out the loot boxes and made the cosmetics a reward for achievements like Halo did? And like Borderlands add new heros and maps ect you could buy in packs. Wouldn't they be better? Imo the competitive Overwatch scene is on the down hill from lack of new heroes.

Personally if a game has adware or $5-$100 buttons in it I'm done with 'em. I'm dusting off Ace Combat 6, Halo 2-3, FarCry 3, and Assassins Creed 2, some Metroid and F-Zero GX, Dante's Inferno, God of War and the like.

Something that upsets me though is some games like Plants Vs Zombies didn't have them before but publishers like EA shove them in and break the games in the process. I had to delete all my Angry Birds games because the loot crate junk they added in deleted all my saves from my profile... Everything from way back in the first days of Rovio gone...
The greatest danger for humanity lies not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and achieving our mark.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:39:03 pm »
The only problem I have with skins and what not being tied to achievements is how hard are those achievements.

Itd be really unfair to have an awesome skin tied to an achievement that might be really difficult and require great skill with a certain character. Even worse if that character was a class you didn’t want to or enjoy playing.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.