Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What musical instrument do you play?  (Read 35756 times)

Nude_not_rude

Re: What musical instrument do you play?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 01:29:42 pm »
That's cool Lisa! I realise that the Fagott is otherwise known as the Bassoon. I love the Cello.

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 03:45:53 pm »
Practising on beer bottles in the meantime probably helped, but not enough. I keep an empty bottle handy in case I completely lose it and forget how to purse my lips.
If you need some help with the beer bottles emptying activity, that can be arranged! 
 :345678

Karla

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 03:54:42 pm »
Practising on beer bottles in the meantime probably helped, but not enough. I keep an empty bottle handy in case I completely lose it and forget how to purse my lips.
If you need some help with the beer bottles emptying activity, that can be arranged! 
 :345678

Oh what a fantastic smiley!!!

NudeBostonian

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 06:55:43 pm »
I've had an on-again off-again relationship with the violin since grade school. I haven't touched it for three years now, because I can't seem to find the time, but I intend to get back to it. I'd also like to learn guitar and piano at some point.

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 01:10:26 am »
I've already stated the instruments I know how to play in my introductory post, but for the sake of completion, I suppose they could be included here also.

In chronological order of learning, they are: piano, trumpet, singing (not sure if this is included in the word "instrument"), drum kit, bass guitar, alto saxophone, guitar. I have a couple of violins too (kindly donated to me), but I have intentionally not made any progress with finding a teacher, as I have too little time to devote to learning another instrument at the moment. Starting piano lessons again recently was a major factor in me not deciding to take up the violin at this current time. I am definitely interested in learning one of the orchestral string instruments (except the double bass, since the bass guitar I play is a fretless one, and that's good enough for me).

My life without music would be no life at all.

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 06:10:57 pm »
When I was a child had begun playing the guitar, but then had priority to school. And now I have no time for that.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 06:33:53 pm »
i wanted to learn the violin because it's sherlock holmsey. but i have the bass guitar too. i like it a little better than the guitar because i can use my fingers  on both hands and feels like i'm doing more. and i can play naked in front of a crowd without it being Rated R  :345678
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Karla

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 02:43:33 pm »
Well my keyless wooden flute was delivered a few days ago after having spent about a week in customs. It looks like it's been hanging around the workshop quite a while actually, although I know that.

It's a very interesting instrument to play. There are only 6 holes but you can get two or three octaves out it by how you blow it. I am still trying to figure it out, but it's a very subtle combination of blowing soft for the lower octave and harder for the higher octave, but also directing your breath deeper into the mouth hole for the lower and further up against the edge of the mouth hole for the higher octave. If you blow too hard then it goes out of tune, if you don't blow hard enough then you get both higher and lower together (or no note at all). What's more, the amount you blow and where quite where to direct your air changes according to which note you're playing!

Definitely an instrument you just have to learn by experience.

Lovely sound though.

Pisco

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 09:47:34 am »
I´m playing badly Cello

I love cello, it not only looks but also sounds beautiful. I used to play the violin but haven't touched it for years.

Karla

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
I´m playing badly Cello

I love cello, it not only looks but also sounds beautiful. I used to play the violin but haven't touched it for years.

If I could be an expert at any classical instrument and play in an orchestra then it would be the cello. I love Cello concertos. I'm listening to Prokofiev's cello (and also his violin) concertos alot at the moment.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »
i always really liked the four cellos playing metallica songs. made it classy but it still rocked.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

randomer909

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 12:23:29 am »
i always really liked the four cellos playing metallica songs. made it classy but it still rocked.
If you haven't already, check out Metallica's album S & M! It's a live album from a concert where they played with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra!! A brilliant blend of music :786

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:02 am »
I love the epic version of Carol of the Bells that Metallica did with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (if I remember correctly). I wish I could come up with something that powerful...

Karla

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 10:45:53 am »
I love the epic version of Carol of the Bells that Metallica did with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (if I remember correctly). I wish I could come up with something that powerful...

Aha!

I always wondered what that music was called. It's "Carol of the bells".

Here's a version by Celtic woman.

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 04:20:59 pm »
After seeing that video, Karla, I'm so jealous of people who can play the violin well! Thanks so much for that wonderful find!