Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What musical instrument do you play?  (Read 35786 times)

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
Re: What musical instrument do you play?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 06:43:08 pm »
my friends dad would always pass out on the couch to celtic woman. that dvd must have been played a thousand times.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 12:15:57 pm »
So does anyone here sing - or at least consider themselves to sing fairly well? Has anyone ever sung in a choir? The voice is an instrument too!

For those who play instruments, have you heard of grades? For those that don't know, there are eight of them, measuring technical skill and general knowledge of music. Has anyone here ever done grade exams in their instruments?

simonalexander2005

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 04:41:37 pm »
So does anyone here sing - or at least consider themselves to sing fairly well? Has anyone ever sung in a choir? The voice is an instrument too!

I would like to think my singing isn't terrible anyway - but it depends on the range of pitch you want...

Has anyone here ever done grade exams in their instruments?

I am grade 5 in both piano and (jazz) saxophone - but I doubt I could play piano at grade 5 standard any more...

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 01:24:57 pm »
I stopped after grade 4 in piano when I was 11. Since picking it up again, my teacher seems to think I've not lost anything much, as he would like to put me in for both grade 5 theory and grade 5 practical perhaps sometime this year or early next year - despite the fact that I consider myself to be extremely rusty! I also have grade 5 in drum kit and grade 4 in singing. I would eventually like to go all the way up to grade 8 in an instrument though, and for now, this looks most likely to be piano (hence why my teacher would like to put me in for grade 5 theory), although I had studied some grade 8 material for both drum kit and bass guitar some years ago.

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 06:15:57 pm »
I just decided I am going to start playing guitar. Wish me luck chaps.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 03:51:04 am »
how have i not posted here yet :P

I lOVE!! to play guitar, I like playing AC/DC and have a Epiphone sg g-400 faded cherry that isn't really faded  :345678
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:04:56 pm by op255 »

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
I just decided I am going to start playing guitar. Wish me luck chaps.

Good luck mate! Keep the guitar in sight at home, pick it up, play with it, explore what you can do, have fun.

So Karla, how's the Irish flute going?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:16:16 am by Toddo »

Karla

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 10:02:39 pm »
So Karla, how's the Irish flute going?

I can't put it down.

I'm mainly working from home at the moment and the flute just sits next to me. Whenever I need to pause and think about my work I just pick it up and start playing a little tune on it for a few seconds. Anything really. And when I run out of ideas I just make funny noises with it to see what I can do. It beats getting distracted by browsing the web.

The wooden keyless irish flute sounds absolutely gorgeous for an instrument.

Already got my eyes on getting a better flute so I can play with other people. Although I suppose I also need other people to play with.

Offline Ash196

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 11:26:37 pm »
Karla, I have just been to YouTube and seen a couple of videos of a guy named Ryan Thomson playing a wooden Irish flute. Is this the same kind of instrument you have? It sounds beautiful and warm. Am I right in thinking that because it's keyless, it's a sort of cross between a standard flute and a recorder? It looks so from the videos I saw.

I used to play the (treble) recorder in primary school, and my sister used to play the flute. I have had a few goes on her flute a couple of years ago (since she doesn't play it any more) but never could get the mouth technique right. Perhaps I haven't persevered enough. It would be nice to get a decent sound out of it someday, but I haven't had the time unfortunately, due to having to concentrate solely on piano for the foreseeable future.

I hope you can find other musicians to play with. If not, perhaps we could get a jam session going over the internet, using llcon? Of course, that would depend on you owning a microphone and a decent sound card, though. I only just found out about the software myself, so I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet. It would certainly be an interesting learning experience, even if it proves unfruitful.

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 06:37:56 pm »
I recently got the guitar, replaced the strings, but I haven't been home in two days long enough to pck it up and play it yet! I'm looking forward to some jam time tonight. Finally!

nudist18

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 01:23:48 am »
I love the clarinet. It is one of the best instruments in my opinion.

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 02:22:03 am »
I play the Euphonium/Baritone.  Well, I haven't played it in about a year and a half, but I still know how.

Ravlyk

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:20 am »
I learn to play piano, at the very beginning yet.

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 01:36:43 pm »
I'd like to learn to play a hammered dulcimer......

..... and yes I'm serious.

I heard one out at the Renaissance Festival a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love with the unique sound.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_dulcimer

Dulcimers rock!

:)

Joey

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 06:21:05 pm »
I play drums for a few bands, and I'm gonna be picking up tuba again soon (had to stop after fracturing some teeth playing football) when I go home for summer. Other than that, tiny bits of guitar, bass and keys and I'm an okay singer. Mainly drums though :P