Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A Deep Dive Into 'Naked Attraction', the Greatest Show on British TV  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
 I have mix feelings about this show. After seeing a couple of episodes, I think it's great that the human body is being appreciated for what it is. However, choosing a date or a partner solely on heir physical attributes, it also can leave other contestants with a sense of rejection because their bodies were not ideal to the person that is trying to get a partner. Their self-esteem would have to be really high in order to not be affected by it (since I suppose people in this show are not nudists or naturists). But I'm also skeptical about the legitimacy of this show, as most other reality TV shows. It is interesting to see what defines physical attraction in the people on this show, but I think it's a bit far to what nudism and naturism is (not saying that this show is about naturism). Thoughts anyone?

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/a3q59j/a-deep-dive-into-naked-attraction-the-greatest-show-on-british-tv?utm_source=vicefbus&fbclid=IwAR3_QtydKIy_DxPNWe-CldceGWZh_-jdh2q68pZVRuKwYNIXTnAHephraSg

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:39:48 pm by Rockingnature »
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
  • Referrals: 1
Re: A Deep Dive Into 'Naked Attraction', the Greatest Show on British TV
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:28:16 am »
I'm not convinced that anyone on there are nudists or naturists, therefore I wouldn't say that it's pro-nudity in a way. I'd more rather agree with you; it's vain in so many ways and it leaves people to sit at home in their couches to judge (but then, who cares right?). I know of the existence of the show, I've seen two episodes and that was enough for me. It's not my short of show that's all.
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Offline mike345

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 03:08:19 am »
I think it's great. Most of what goes into an initial date is physical attraction anyways and its great to see nudity normalized. I think its even better if most of the contestants are not nudists.

Offline Twarls

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:05:31 pm »
As much as it's good that it's definitely normalising nudity to a very mainstream audience, I have to agree that it isn't a real depiction of naturism.
The show tries to portray this idea it's all about body positivity etc, but it is just trash tv with nudity so people can oggle. The contestants always pick the ones with the best body or the biggest nob too.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:21:44 am »
I agree it isn't really anything to do with naturism but the couple i have seen does show various different body types which kinda does say we are all different and the more nudity that is seen, may make it more aceptable as such.. we can but hope :-)

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 08:33:59 pm »
this show looks really weird, because it's like if a naturist and a drunk textile got together, argued about a premise for a show, and then an AI melded their ideas together into something like this. the narrator of the article comments on how "normal" nudity becomes after watching it, very close to realizing that's not a bad thing, and eventually touches on the aspects of self-confidence and seeing "regular" bodies that nudity helps with.
the problem is, the whole point of the show is upholding preexisting beauty standards, and does away with "normal" bodies for the sake of those standards, completely negating the point of the nudity. you have to wonder how this came to be

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 08:38:25 pm »
@blank radar its a load of shit, another cheap tat show encouraging the airheads of the British population to make fools of themselves. Take the young virgin boy who freaked out in camera because he’d never seen a naked woman before. Idiots making money out of the stupidity of bigger idiots

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • message me plz im so lonely
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 08:39:56 pm »
@blank radar its a load of shit, another cheap tat show encouraging the airheads of the British population to make fools of themselves. Take the young virgin boy who freaked out in camera because he’d never seen a naked woman before. Idiots making money out of the stupidity of bigger idiots
yeah i saw that one. it was realllly awkward and did feel like they were just taking the piss a little.

pogo1223

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:38 pm »
We would never see that kind of show here in Canada lol
Here we have a blurred version of Naked and Afraid and there's a huge warning that comes with it regarding "nudity".
I guess that just the fact that they are able to show full nudity on TV is something good no?

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 08:42:52 pm »
Here we have a blurred version of Naked and Afraid and there's a huge warning that comes with it regarding "nudity".
I guess that just the fact that they are able to show full nudity on TV is something good no?

That’s another piss take show in the name of cheap entertainment for the mindless. The blurring isn’t exclusive to Canada though I think they are produced with that before bringing g aired anywhere

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 08:44:10 pm »
ive never seen naked and afraid so idk what that's like in the uk, but promoting nudity would be good, but its basically a dating show and like @Twarls said its basically just people gawping at other peoples bodies haha

pogo1223

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 08:47:24 pm »
Yeah I get what you mean, all im saying is that it shows that at least, your culture is more open towards nudity :)

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 08:48:06 pm »
ive never seen naked and afraid so idk what that's like in the uk, but promoting nudity would be good, but its basically a dating show and like @Twarls said its basically just people gawping at other peoples bodies haha
"dating naked" on vh1 (or whatever it's called) is similar to this, i think. nudity is always the focus of the show, rather than just happening to be there. people come because of the nudity, and then are disappointed whether it's heavily censored or not. we need to have more people just happen to be naked on things like sitcoms, dramas, whatever, rather than having everything revolve around the nudity

Offline kingsalah05

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 08:52:25 pm »
"dating naked" on vh1 (or whatever it's called) is similar to this, i think. nudity is always the focus of the show, rather than just happening to be there. people come because of the nudity, and then are disappointed whether it's heavily censored or not. we need to have more people just happen to be naked on things like sitcoms, dramas, whatever, rather than having everything revolve around the nudity
wow. ive just done some googling and apparently one of the contestants on dating naked tried to sue the channel for showing her naked. that's mental. also it says they show butts but not genitalia.. weird how butts are considered less offensive than a vagina - either all or nothing imo haha

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 08:54:59 pm »
wow. ive just done some googling and apparently one of the contestants on dating naked tried to sue the channel for showing her naked. that's mental. also it says they show butts but not genitalia.. weird how butts are considered less offensive than a vagina - either all or nothing imo haha
Wikipedia:
In August 2014, Jessie Nizewitz, a contestant on the third episode of Season 1, which aired on July 31, 2014, filed a lawsuit against Viacom, as well as Firelight Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment for $10 million, after they broadcast an uncensored shot of her crotch.[34]

Two months later, Viacom, Firelight Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment sought to have the lawsuit dismissed, claiming that Nizewitz was in violation of her contract in filing a lawsuit. Viacom, in its petition for dismissal held that, "Before filming began, she signed not one but three agreements, in which she expressly and repeatedly agreed that she would participate and be filmed fully nude: that footage could be exhibited and distributed without restriction; that the producers would have sole discretion in how the footage was edited; that she waived any right to sue over her appearance on the show; and that she would be liable for attorneys fees should she sue in violation of her contract."[35]

In March 2015, the lawsuit was dismissed by a New York Supreme Court judge.[36]