Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudist Friendly JRPG-styled Game Project  (Read 9226 times)

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
Nudist Friendly JRPG-styled Game Project
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:20:48 pm »
Hi! So, I've been working on a little project here and there for a long while now. It's a turn-based JRPG for PC that's inspired by the mythology of Apollo in Greek mythos.

In it, you play as a young man who happens to be the prince of the kingdom. Your father isn't really the best, but it doesn't stop him from being a decent king. Anyway, since he ends up neglecting you and leaving you to be raised by the servants and such, you decide to just head off and make your own life as someone other than the prince. Along the way, you end up becoming a user of magic and archery and get a little party together as you travel every inch of the kingdom to see the world, but learn about how terrible of a king your father is. Towards the end, you and your party end up having to overthrow the king to get him to stop.

As for gameplay, it's very inspired by the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. You explore an overworld in the same manner as classic FF and DQ, encountering enemies in the overworld to be pulled into a turn-based fight. You can also enter towns and get sidequests throughout the overworld and various locations. In battle, you can pull you and your whole party into the fight with each character's turn placement being based on their speed and status. Each character can attack, defend, support, use an item, and wait.

Lastly, I'll say that there will be nudity. Quite a bit of it on non human characters, but also some of it will be on the playable characters. For example, the prince will have an outfit where he's clad in only a headband, cloak-like cape, gloves, and shoes. I'd like to know, though, how should I handle and use the nudity? And does anyone have any suggestions for something to add to the game?

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nudist Friendly JRPG-styled Game Project
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:21:55 pm »
If it's inspired by the ancient Greeks, that gives you plenty of story reasons to include nudity. Training in a gymnasium for combat tutorials, a bathhouse for, being an RPG after all, talking to people and gathering information. Have the main character shed clothes to use magic, etc.

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:01:17 pm »
It's inspired by ancient Greek mythology, but it's got a more standard fantasy vibe than a straight up Greek vibe. It's like how pre-FF7 FF was, DQ is, and some of Fire Emblem is

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:11:49 pm »
Classic greek statues - Gods of the Greek pantheon could be nice, temples perhaps or shrines... and secret shrines.

Look into the Greek history and try to figure out if there are areas in the greek everyday life where nudity was permitted or necessary. Perhaps the dockworkers, the sailors and the fishermen were nude for practical reasons. Perhaps the field workers, or the farmers - or if there are ritual practices that are conducted in the nude.
 You could add, garments here and there for diversity, travel cloaks, hats and more affluent citizens having more colourful dresses and apparel.

Are you going to incorporate the myth of Apollo into the game? 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:31:40 pm by Northman »

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
  • Referrals: 3
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:34:13 am »

I'll echo what everyone else has said, and also add: don't force it. It makes sense to have your minotaurs, your buddies in the gymnasium, and Aphrodite to be naked since that was pretty normal for Ancient Greece, but I would avoid adding nudity for nudity's sake so that it isn't gratuitous. Research is key for that.

That said, if you're going for generic fantasy instead of specifically Greece, then your society can have whatever societal standards you want it to have.  :tongue:

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:58:30 pm »

I thought this had some similarity with your character's origin story, and also a possible reason stemming from religious beliefs for the 'naked holyman' character , or a general 'starting from zero'- scenario.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:00:08 pm by Northman »

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 11:43:54 am »
Also, if you need voices, I need something to have on my resume to kick my voice acting career into action.

Offline Zbot

• Casually Dressed
  • Hi, I like being naked and want to do it more.
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:38 pm »
If you need voice acting I would love to help too.
0.o