Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Police Academy  (Read 9234 times)

cc71

Police Academy
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:10:14 pm »
Anyone watch this series of seven movies?

Maybe I'll have to start off with the first movie, with how it introduced the characters. The movie focuses on Mahoney who gets into a lot of trouble but this time, he is forced to be a cadet or go to jail. There he meets loads of other characters trying to get into the police force but they are a bunch of misfits who have trouble making the benchmark being part of the force. So the cadets have their challenges which later leads to a street riot where the prepared cadets rush to keep the city until control and safe to prove their training worth while. The movie success spawn six other movies as well as a TV series and cartoon. Also talks of a reboot being in the works but not much on that yet.

While maybe straight forward, the movie was known for its humor, which shows the silly side of the Police force and its training, maybe in a light hearted matter.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:17:16 pm by cc71 »

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Police Academy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »
I think I got up to about 4 before I was burnt. I loved Police Academy but things burn thsemlves out. Like how the Land Before Time did.

I don't think I'd want to see a reboot. Many of those actors are gone or just wouldn't be able to act those roles anymore. And that was old school comedy. Like 90s stuff....it just doesn't age well.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

cc71

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:38 pm »
Police Academy 4 was also the last to feature Mahoney

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »
@cc71 Yes, I watched the 7 movies when I was a teenager, and I saw them 2 years ago on TV. I still love this humorous side of this era with instructor Lt. Thaddeus Harris. The character I loved most was the cadet Larvell Jones, a great sound effects mimic. Awesome !!
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline anakyn

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 05:36:03 pm »
I watched the cartoon when I was a little kid, funny and a bit stupid as the movies.