Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Therme Erding - the world's largest spa  (Read 3243 times)

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Therme Erding - the world's largest spa
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:02 pm »
I can really recommend the spa Therme Erding near Munich in Germany.
https://www.therme-erding.de

I was there for the 3rd time but I just saw that there was no review about it here yet.

According to their website it's the world's largest spa. Unfortunately not entirely naturist but as almost everywhere in Germany, the sauna area is naked area. And it is not only a few saunas but 27 different saunas and many warm water pools with lots of activities and actions. There are many themes, e.g. bakery sauna where you they bake bread rolls and you get them after the 15 minutes sweating, there is another where you get Erdinger Weissbier (alcohol free), there are some where you get salt or other kind of peeling/cream for your skin, and of course show ceremonies with music and entertainment (I very like the Russian sauna with the Russian style music and very wet show).
And many warm water pools, mostly I think with 34 °C, with whirlpools, massaging water, pool bar... And many sunbeds and sleeping rooms to have rest. Also many restaurants where you pay with your armband key (chip). It's also the locker key and you pay at the exit.
People don't run around naked, it's mostly limited to the time before/after saunas and pools, most people wear a towel around or bathrobes if they move around or sit at the restaurants or bars (except the pool bar because you sit naked in the water:) )

There is a long timetable of the events, there is something to do almost every 15-30 minutes and in the peak afternoon hours there are even 4-6 events in different saunas at the same time. However even then it can be crowded, for the popular shows you need to arrive about 10 minutes before the start. But it's worth!

It's only for adults over 16 years, so no kids are allowed in this area but many young adults are there.

For all age groups there are the other parts of the spa, that are with swimsuits. E.g. there is a big wave pool, many other pools and lot of fast water slides.

There are so many things to do that it is better to go for more days, we usually stay for 3 days and it's also not enough:)

If you have questions about this spa, I could answer, I'm almost an "expert" visitor:)

Offline Jowjow

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Therme Erding - the world's largest spa
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:47:04 pm »
Sounds amazing! Thanks for the writeup.

Offline Jem

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 05:33:18 am »
Wow thank you for this review. I'm planning on traveling to Germany at the end of the year and was keen to visit some Spas.... I may need to visit this one!

Have u been to Baden Baden? Can you tell me anything about the spas there? Friedrichsbad and caraculla?

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:23:56 am »
Have u been to Baden Baden? Can you tell me anything about the spas there? Friedrichsbad and caraculla?

No, I don't know those

AmericanSwede

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 04:40:51 pm »
One of my favorite places. Whenever I have a layover flight in Munich, I always try to stretch it to a loooong layover so I have time to run to the sauna. Highly recommend!!

Offline collegeguy77

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:20 pm »
Is it really the worlds largest? I’ve been twice and it’s amazg !

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 09:04:59 am »
Oh I love that place. Spent some time there a few years ago and it was amazing
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 08:54:21 pm »
Hi again:)
A quick update of the COVID times.
Now in December 2021 you can enter only if you are vaccinated or recovered AND you need to show a negative COVID test too (which you can do also in the parking).
It's probably better to visit on a weekday when it's not a holiday. During our visit it wasn't crowded, it was much more pleasant then in the normal times. Sauna ceremonies took place as usual. Masks had to be worn from the entrance till the lockers, but inside the spa areas it's not mandatory anymore.

It's quite pricy now but it's worth to visit!

Offline Infinity Biscuit

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • she/her
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 03:54:58 pm »
There are many themes, e.g. bakery sauna where you they bake bread rolls and you get them after the 15 minutes sweating
Bake some bread while baking yourself...

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 05:46:52 pm »
Seems like a really nice place :).
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 09:10:04 pm »
It's on my bucket list :)

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 11:04:58 am »
Yeah, I'd love to go there again
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Offline Gaberone

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2021, 12:01:47 pm »
Hi again:)
A quick update of the COVID times.
Now in December 2021 you can enter only if you are vaccinated or recovered AND you need to show a negative COVID test too (which you can do also in the parking).
It's probably better to visit on a weekday when it's not a holiday. During our visit it wasn't crowded, it was much more pleasant then in the normal times. Sauna ceremonies took place as usual. Masks had to be worn from the entrance till the lockers, but inside the spa areas it's not mandatory anymore.

It's quite pricy now but it's worth to visit!

I would love to visit. But, do you know if I would need to pay for Covid test there?

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 09:12:09 am »
From previous experience I'd say it's better to visit the Therme Erding on weekdays, as then it is less crowded. On weekend I find it too crowded and you cannot even find places in the saunas for the ceremonies.
Therefore I plan a visit again with a friend 6-7 March (Monday and Tuesday). Anyone else planning to be there and would like to meet up?

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 12:51:18 pm »
From previous experience I'd say it's better to visit the Therme Erding on weekdays, as then it is less crowded. On weekend I find it too crowded and you cannot even find places in the saunas for the ceremonies.
Therefore I plan a visit again with a friend 6-7 March (Monday and Tuesday). Anyone else planning to be there and would like to meet up?

So, we were there the past 2 days on a Monday and Tuesday. Even on these days there were quite a lot of people everywhere. Lot of sauna ceremonies were packed (you need to arrive sometimes even about 10-15 min before,to get a place), but luckily there is a wide range of events to choose from. The best is the Banja sauna with the party Aufguss, with lively music and artistic show ceremonies. And in another sauna you can get every 2 hours a small alcohol free beer for free:)
I can still recommend this place. Remember: 1 day is not enough to see and try everything :)