News of IYNO and Announcements > News and IYNO Announcements

The Future of IYNO(Hoff Apprication Day 2019/10 Years Of IYNO)

<< < (4/10) > >>

Longingtobenude:

--- Quote from: blank radar on April 01, 2019, 12:51:03 am ---uh... april fools ???  :undecided: *nervous laughter*

--- End quote ---

That is what I'm hoping.  Facebook groups are cool and all but not the same as a forum.  Why throw away all the history this place has accumulated?  I'm deploying my Anti-Hoff. 

Mettis:

--- Quote from: Rockingnature on March 31, 2019, 09:15:37 pm ---True, true. I don't doubt the upsides. I'm just a faithful IYNO citizen, asking questions.  :azn:

--- End quote ---

:agree

There are not only upsides... there are also some downsides about FB's data policy !!

Tree:
Could someone please confirm or deny whether this is an April Fools joke?

Moving to FB seems odd because:
1) More and more people are leaving FB these days for a variety of reasons, so if the point is to update then why not use a newer alternative?
2) FB has a surprisingly strict censorship policy which a lot of people here would not appreciate.
3) FB's rules require everyone to use their full legal name whereas forums like this are more open to those concerned about online privacy.
4) FB has terrible security and has been known to accidently make secret groups public before, thus revealing to everyone the real identities of every person in those secret groups.
5) As others have said, a decade of history would be lost by the disappearance of this forum (unless it is archived somewhere).
6) FB doesn't have the same range of features to allow for discussions in separate, easy to locate sections as this forum has (especially in regards to the restricted sections).
7) A forum like this allows for greater adaptation of the platform to suit the group's specific needs than FB's groups do as they are frequently restrictive and often subject to random changes without prior warning.

Would it please be alright to ask how the above matters have been taken into account when considering whether or not to proceed with this change?

AspieNaked:
Facebook: The worst possible place for anything regarding nudity or privacy or really anything else.

Literally anyplace else would be better.

Delta:

--- Quote from: Tree on April 01, 2019, 01:58:07 pm ---Could someone please confirm or deny whether this is an April Fools joke?

--- End quote ---

Only the Hoff can do that, and he does not have a user account here.

--- Quote from: Longingtobenude on April 01, 2019, 02:17:23 am ---
--- Quote from: blank radar on April 01, 2019, 12:51:03 am ---uh... april fools ???  :undecided: *nervous laughter*

--- End quote ---

That is what I'm hoping.  Facebook groups are cool and all but not the same as a forum.  Why throw away all the history this place has accumulated?  I'm deploying my Anti-Hoff. 

--- End quote ---

Anti-Hoff is not permitted on IYNO. You have been warned.  :police:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version