Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Art of the Human Body in Motion  (Read 454 times)

Offline Callsign APOLLO

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
The Art of the Human Body in Motion
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:46:10 am »
Several years ago I started getting magazines from ESPN, which is odd because I am not a particular fan of organized sports in the way that I do not follow athletes or teams. But one issue caught my attention long before I practiced any form of outdoors naturism, it was ESPN's Body Issue.

The human body is a beautiful thing, in all shapes and sizes, and certainly being around positive minded folks has helped me to even reconcile with parts of myself that I cannot change even through training or hard work. As a lifelong artist and a proponent of physical culture/human performance, I do find the naked form of athletes in motion to be the pinnacle of human expression and capabilities as a celebration of what the human body can do for us when properly cared for and challenged.

Anyways, just wanted to share this archive if anyone has not seen it yet. The human body has always been a focal point of classical art and celebrated among ancient cultures like the Greeks, and the ancient Olympics thanks to the historical Spartans were conducted in the nude. To me this is another example of the human body's timeless beauty and untapped potential, one to admire or be inspired by. If not to just also see how awesome human beings can be at their peak performance.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23584667/body-issue-archive
The very simplicity and nakedness of man's life in the primitive ages imply this advantage, at least, that they left him still but a sojourner in nature
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Callsign APOLLO

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Art of the Human Body in Motion
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:51:31 am »
Also of note, the photography work and in-motion posing is well done. There are obvious posing that covers genitalia and private parts, but mind you this is part of a well-recognized and accessed sports magazine not catered towards art or naturist-type communities. Which to me is even more awesome that it would be even done in the first place. My personal favorites are of rock climbers in particular, really see their connection to the mountain or cliff side and just seems so natural.

And as it has a wide variety of different sports and disciplines, you can see how this reflects in body types and their different forms of physicality. So even this becomes an exercise of appreciating different body types.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:53:35 am by Callsign APOLLO »
The very simplicity and nakedness of man's life in the primitive ages imply this advantage, at least, that they left him still but a sojourner in nature
-Henry David Thoreau