Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Shock as naked man seen by several witnesses cheerfully walking his dog  (Read 30554 times)

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
  • Always down to chat :)
  • Referrals: 0
Came across this via Reddit: https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/its-nature-walk-not-naturist-2861753

'It's a nature walk, not a naturist walk!' - shock as naked man seen by several witnesses cheerfully walking his dog

Police are investigating

Residents in a quiet Lincolnshire village might have thought they were seeing things over the weekend after a naked man was spotted walking his dog.

The man, who appeared to be in his 50s, was seen by multiple members of the public walking down a towpath along the River Witham near the town of Bardney on Sunday, May 12.

One member of the public, who asked to remain anonymous, saw the man walking along the old railway path at 3pm.

“I said to him ‘what do you think you’re doing?’ and he just said it was a nice day for it,” they said.

“One of the people I was with challenged him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"He seemed an intelligent sort. It’s a nature walk, not a naturist walk. Maybe he misread the sign!”

The witness said they were concerned about the mixed messages this could send to young children.

“In this day and age where we’re telling our kids not to talk to strangers and not to expose themselves to people, this seems a bit contradictory.”

A spokeswoman for Lincolnshire Police confirmed they had had a call about the man at 5.52pm on Sunday.

"We have received a report of a naked man walking his dog" she said. "We are investigating the matter."

The Crown Prosecution Service states that unless there is any sexual context and if the person has “no intention to cause alarm or distress”, it would be appropriate to take no action unless onlookers are harassed, in alarm or in distress.

Not an earth-shattering major story, but I was just wondering about people's thoughts on this sort of thing - does it give naturists a bad name to be nude in an overwhelmingly clothed environment, or is it within our rights? Pleased to see the comments seemed fairly tolerant of it.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
I mean if the people he met seems offended maybe he should have covered up. Seems a bit rude imo

Offline Ємαиυєℓ™

• boppity boopy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
The witness said they were concerned about the mixed messages this could send to young children.

I would smack any IDIOT who abuse this excuse in the face with a brick.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
Re: Shock as naked man seen by several witnesses cheerfully walking his dog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 07:20:04 am »

I would smack any IDIOT who abuse this excuse in the face with a brick.

Yea, the "Think about the children!" response drives me crazy. 

Offline shynudeboy

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
    • Skinny Spots
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 12:03:03 pm »
The reaction of the public is crazy. Then again, most brits are quite prudish  :confused

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 06:17:11 pm »
The majority of the comments on the article are good. Seems to be that at least some people support him.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 09:15:22 pm »
So on one hand I feel that going nude out into public in an area where it isn't accepted commonly is very much poking the tiger, it's dangerous, more than a bit irresponsible, and a little rude. On the other hand, it appears that he was within his legal rights to do so, and I would say that I'm behind upholding ones legal rights above almost all else.

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:56:55 pm »
I'm always dismayed when clothed people are assumed do you have more rights then nude people. I do not think this is rude at all. And yes the think of the children line drives me crazy to. Kids are natural nudist and we could learn a thing or two from them.
I LOVE to be naked !