General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Language learning

(1/7) > >>

cdw:
Nothing to do with nudity although you can do it naked! Anybody else into learning languages? I speak a few and I've recently been trying to revive my rusty French - enjoying getting back into it again.

Northman:
Have you tried Duolingo? It is a website that offers these, sort-of minigames that test and teach you grammar and vocabulary of a series of languages, real and some fictional, like klingon and high valyrian...

It is rather rewarding when there is a farfare when you get successfully through a test series. Also, you earn "lingots" ... they look like rupees from the legend of zelda games.

blank radar:

--- Quote from: Northman on May 26, 2019, 09:42:19 am ---Have you tried Duolingo? It is a website that offers these, sort-of minigames that test and teach you grammar and vocabulary of a series of languages, real and some fictional, like klingon and high valyrian...

It is rather rewarding when there is a farfare when you get successfully through a test series. Also, you earn "lingots" ... they look like rupees from the legend of zelda games.

--- End quote ---
all of this is well and good... but if memes have taught me anything, make sure to never break your "streak".

cdw:

--- Quote from: Northman on May 26, 2019, 09:42:19 am ---Have you tried Duolingo?

--- End quote ---
How advanced does Duolingo go? I tend to find those sorts of apps are better at the beginner's stage. With French I'm in the awkward position of being 'passively fluent', where I can understand most things, but my active use of the language has got rusty.

--- Quote from: blank radar on May 26, 2019, 11:21:59 am ---but if memes have taught me anything, make sure to never break your "streak".

--- End quote ---
Something naturists have no problem with is streaking :laugh: . And on the subject of memes, /r/moi_dlvv counts as French study right?

Cle Leftwrite:
I was learning Japanese in Uni for a year. Sadly the work load started to get to be too much and I wound up having to drop around the end of the second semester. I haven't practiced since so I've more or less gone back to square one. I still have the book so if I had the time I could probably do self study and at least get past the elementary level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version