Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Language learning  (Read 15996 times)

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
  • Always down to chat :)
  • Referrals: 0
Language learning
« on: May 26, 2019, 08:59:51 am »
Nothing to do with nudity although you can do it naked! Anybody else into learning languages? I speak a few and I've recently been trying to revive my rusty French - enjoying getting back into it again.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
Re: Language learning
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 09:42:19 am »
Have you tried Duolingo? It is a website that offers these, sort-of minigames that test and teach you grammar and vocabulary of a series of languages, real and some fictional, like klingon and high valyrian...

It is rather rewarding when there is a farfare when you get successfully through a test series. Also, you earn "lingots" ... they look like rupees from the legend of zelda games.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:59 am »
Have you tried Duolingo? It is a website that offers these, sort-of minigames that test and teach you grammar and vocabulary of a series of languages, real and some fictional, like klingon and high valyrian...

It is rather rewarding when there is a farfare when you get successfully through a test series. Also, you earn "lingots" ... they look like rupees from the legend of zelda games.
all of this is well and good... but if memes have taught me anything, make sure to never break your "streak".

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 12:29:24 pm »
Have you tried Duolingo?
How advanced does Duolingo go? I tend to find those sorts of apps are better at the beginner's stage. With French I'm in the awkward position of being 'passively fluent', where I can understand most things, but my active use of the language has got rusty.

but if memes have taught me anything, make sure to never break your "streak".
Something naturists have no problem with is streaking :laugh: . And on the subject of memes, /r/moi_dlvv counts as French study right?

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:17 pm »
I was learning Japanese in Uni for a year. Sadly the work load started to get to be too much and I wound up having to drop around the end of the second semester. I haven't practiced since so I've more or less gone back to square one. I still have the book so if I had the time I could probably do self study and at least get past the elementary level.

Offline jimr34

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 03:04:29 am »
I took five years of Spanish in school but have lost it all.....so sad.  I love learning languages though.  I'd really like to learn Italian!!

Offline nudistteen400

• Nudist Teen
  • Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • This website is great
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 03:31:42 am »
I'm learning Japanese now, mainly with the help of the lingodeer app. I'm also learning Spanish at school.
I like to be naked as much as I can, and want to branch out from just nudity at home.

Offline cdw

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 07:03:32 pm »
I was learning Japanese in Uni for a year. Sadly the work load started to get to be too much and I wound up having to drop around the end of the second semester. I haven't practiced since so I've more or less gone back to square one. I still have the book so if I had the time I could probably do self study and at least get past the elementary level.
I'm the same with Japanese. I feel like it's one of those languages that a lot of people take up out of interest but don't have time to maintain.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 08:45:53 pm »
Have you tried Duolingo?
How advanced does Duolingo go? I tend to find those sorts of apps are better at the beginner's stage.

I do believe it is a progress tree kinda thing. You start with easy minigames and language structures, there are icons (topic) and under each icon is several aforementioned minigames that need to be passed before you have the whole set under that single icon, and you need to cover more topics before you can enter the next stage with different and advanced grammatical and vocabular contents. I believe the progress tree is quite extensive, I still haven't reached the end of any of the courses I have started, since ... well, life happens... and I opened up too many language courses to keep up progressing in all of them... :sad:

It maps your progress and reminds you to keep practicing - and if you neglect to practice, your progress - your 'fluency level' - will start to grow down, and it will eat away your previous accomplishents; your "Foods - 5/5", will turn into "Foods - 3/5" and so on...

Offline Alex00

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »
I love learning languages. My mother tongue is german and in school I learned:
English (enough to understand everything and communicate with somebody in person, mistakes may occur :confused)
French (fluently, enough to communicate in person but I'm forgetting more and more vocabulary because I don't use it very often)
Spanish (only basics, enough to order una cerveza por favor)

I think that you learn languages by speaking them. Find a native speaker and convince him to teach you the basics and talk with you in the language. Or try to find a pen pal (nowadays with the internet it has become very easy to fcommunicate over long distances)

Offline Hrafn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 11:40:17 pm »
I'm trying to learn Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Mongolian, but progress tends to be slow when you're learning four and also in uni

Offline lintu

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 09:36:30 pm »
I also have a passion for languages.

French: native (learnt in the country I grew up)
Teochew: native (learnt from my parents but very low fluency)
English: fluent (learnt at school)
Swedish: near fluent (currently living in Sweden)
German: intermediate (learnt at school)
Danish: intermediate (lived 1 year in Denmark)

Apart from those languages I am also trying to learn a little bit Italian, Spanish and Finnish when I have the time. But I'm just beginner and I mainly learn for fun (I don't necessarily aim for any kind of fluency).

It's also cool to learn several languages from the same family because you get to see the similarities and it's really rewarding.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 06:40:06 am »
@lintu

I believe I heard that Duolingo opened its Finnish course just recently.

Offline lintu

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 07:14:53 am »
@lintu

I believe I heard that Duolingo opened its Finnish course just recently.
Yeah, true. I didn't know it. That's so cool! Otherwise I also use Mondly. It's not that bad either if you just want to practice basic stuffs a few minutes per day. :)

ginkgob

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 02:55:47 pm »
I'm learning various languages, mainly French, Spanish and Portuguese. would be cool to exchange if anyone wants to improve their English.