Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sim racing? (Iracing)  (Read 10960 times)

Ad1210

Sim racing? (Iracing)
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:03:36 am »
Anyone else an online racer? Ive really been getting into Iracing lately, mainly the Formula 3 catergories.

No fireproof clothing required!

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Sim racing? (Iracing)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »
i've never tried iRacing (mostly becasue I know i'm not William Byron or Ty Majeski) but i've heard of other people doing it

they always talk about those in many servers who drive like imbeciles and stuff like that (like Jacques Villenuve if he drove a BMW), do you have as much of a problem with that in the F3 servers? or any open-wheel server? or is it mostly limited to the NASCAR/ARCA and V8 Sporscar servers?

Offline Layer0

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:13:02 pm »
Never tried iRacing before, however I thougt about giving it a try.
I mostly race GT Sport and F1 2018 on the PS4.
Since moving places I finally have the space to set up a small sim racing rig. Currently looking at some offerings from Playseat.
Is there anything else that you can recommend? I am looking for a seat with wheel and pedal mounts. Additional mounting points for a shifter would be nice as well for future upgrades to the rig.

Ad1210

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:34:51 am »
i've never tried iRacing (mostly becasue I know i'm not William Byron or Ty Majeski) but i've heard of other people doing it

they always talk about those in many servers who drive like imbeciles and stuff like that (like Jacques Villenuve if he drove a BMW), do you have as much of a problem with that in the F3 servers? or any open-wheel server? or is it mostly limited to the NASCAR/ARCA and V8 Sporscar servers?

Iracing has an inbuilt penalty system. All racers have a license class and 'safety rating'. To move up, you need have a good safety rating and complete a certain number of races in the class.

The safety rating is affected by how many incident points you accumulate- run into other cars, continuely spin off etc, the lower your rating and the less you progress.

Therell always be those that try to be 1st lap heroes etc but they seem confined to the minor classes. In the F3, people are pretty good.

Theres a pretty big range of categories- single make series like mazda mx5, GT, endurance, Formula renault 2.0 and 3.5, f3, indycar, grand prix, classic f1, dirt track, rally cross etx

Ad1210

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 06:35:53 am »
Never tried iRacing before, however I thougt about giving it a try.
I mostly race GT Sport and F1 2018 on the PS4.
Since moving places I finally have the space to set up a small sim racing rig. Currently looking at some offerings from Playseat.
Is there anything else that you can recommend? I am looking for a seat with wheel and pedal mounts. Additional mounting points for a shifter would be nice as well for future upgrades to the rig.

Lol, i play with the wheel bolted to my computer desk so it isnt fancy. Looking at upgrading to the fanatec wheel.and pedals soon

Offline Layer0

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:25:49 pm »
Lol, i play with the wheel bolted to my computer desk so it isnt fancy. Looking at upgrading to the fanatec wheel.and pedals soon

Those fanatec wheels look really nice. Especially with all the different wheels you can choose from.

Wheel bolted to the desk is what I have been using for the last couple of years. I think it would be nice if the pedals are mounted to a fixed surface and also having the wheel always in the same position seems like a big plus to me.

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 07:50:10 pm »

Iracing has an inbuilt penalty system. All racers have a license class and 'safety rating'. To move up, you need have a good safety rating and complete a certain number of races in the class.

The safety rating is affected by how many incident points you accumulate- run into other cars, continuely spin off etc, the lower your rating and the less you progress.

wait, so does that mean i'll get penalized for bump-drafting or using the "Chrome horn?" because Bump-Drafting is kind of important

Ad1210

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 02:33:07 am »
Ive only ever raced the road series so dont know about ovals or dirt. But yeah, touch another car in the open wheel series you pick up penalty points.