Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudist Swimming in France  (Read 12639 times)

Offline SOPHIEW

• BANNED
  • Topless with bottoms
  • No group shots apparently! ????
  • Referrals: 3
Nudist Swimming in France
« on: June 29, 2019, 11:46:18 pm »
Saw this Tweet... should be interesting if it happens!! Clash of Cultures lol

Offline Buzzulepuff

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nudist Swimming in France
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 08:09:13 am »
Is it a clothing optional place or just a normal bathing suit wearing premises? I think there would be more to the story here.

Offline Leyoh

• Been there nude, Done that naked
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nudist gamer, future doctor
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 09:12:09 am »
Hi !

It was 2 public non nudist swimming pools ;)
The mayor decided to close them on thursday to calm down the situation.

It reopened yesterday without further incidents.

Living my best life naked !

Offline eggmoose5

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 05:52:01 pm »
It's been really hot there too hasn't it? Like 100ish°F (40°C). Cultural and religious reasons aside, I don't know why you would want to wear a full polyester bodysuit when it's so hot.

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 01:11:43 pm »
It's been really hot there too hasn't it? Like 100ish°F (40°C). Cultural and religious reasons aside, I don't know why you would want to wear a full polyester bodysuit when it's so hot.

The Chinese and Japanese have been doing it much more recently. I think for them, it’s to block the UV and keep their skin from tanning.

Offline prodigal_son

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 06:50:47 pm »
“Confronting them” doesn’t sound like the standard inclusive naturist approach that I know. They should be going to show solidarity and the right to wear, or not wear, what you want. 

Offline carbon

• Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Feeling Adequate.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 04:08:39 pm »
“Confronting them” doesn’t sound like the standard inclusive naturist approach that I know. They should be going to show solidarity and the right to wear, or not wear, what you want.

I don’t think they’re naturists. Sound like bunch of people eager to make a ruckus by starting stuff out of spite.

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 07:15:03 pm »
I think confronting them is exactly the right thing to do. If a firm stand is not taken the demand to adhere to a foreign culture will only get worse and French culture will be eroded.
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline RS

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
I think confronting them is exactly the right thing to do. If a firm stand is not taken the demand to adhere to a foreign culture will only get worse and French culture will be eroded.

I completely disagree; these women's religious beliefs require them to wear burkinis and I consider it insensitive and wrong for someone to get in their way of them following their religious beliefs at a pool that is open to the public. They aren't harming anybody. I may prefer swimming naked to wearing a burkini but they are allowed to make their own decisions.

Offline Octavia

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/Her
    • Revolutionary Nudism
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 11:51:29 pm »

Where do I even start with this?

I'm gonna go on a small rant here, feel free to ignore this paragraph. There's no harm in allowing people to practice their religion. If people were actively saying "you have to be a Muslim or else", that would be one thing, but NO ONE IS SAYING THAT, at least not in the west. What people are saying is "if people want to respect and practice their culture and heritage, we should let them do that". That doesn't "erode" culture, in fact it can enrich it by providing new perspectives and ideas. What would "eroding" culture mean anyway? "Culture", especially in this day and age, changes constantly. Should we get rid of the internet in France because people who aren't french use it and it might erode culture? Hell, while we're at it, France was much better off in the thousands of years before they got that foreign innovation of electric lighting, maybe that's eroding culture too. A lot of people these days seem to be of the opinion that "foreigners will ruin our culture" when nothing could be further from the truth.

Relating to the issues at hand, I agree with prodigal_son: we should be fighting for people to be able to express themselves however they want. If you want to swim in a burkini, that should be just as acceptable as a bikini, or a speedo, or nothing at all. If anything, this protest will make things worse for naturists. The implication people will get is that we are dangerous, bigoted people who just want everyone to be nude all the time regardless of context, which would be a step back. If naturists do show up, they should be there to support people's right to wear whatever they want, not antagonizing some Muslims who just want to live in peace.

Offline RS

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »

Where do I even start with this?

I'm gonna go on a small rant here, feel free to ignore this paragraph. There's no harm in allowing people to practice their religion. If people were actively saying "you have to be a Muslim or else", that would be one thing, but NO ONE IS SAYING THAT, at least not in the west. What people are saying is "if people want to respect and practice their culture and heritage, we should let them do that". That doesn't "erode" culture, in fact it can enrich it by providing new perspectives and ideas. What would "eroding" culture mean anyway? "Culture", especially in this day and age, changes constantly. Should we get rid of the internet in France because people who aren't french use it and it might erode culture? Hell, while we're at it, France was much better off in the thousands of years before they got that foreign innovation of electric lighting, maybe that's eroding culture too. A lot of people these days seem to be of the opinion that "foreigners will ruin our culture" when nothing could be further from the truth.

Relating to the issues at hand, I agree with prodigal_son: we should be fighting for people to be able to express themselves however they want. If you want to swim in a burkini, that should be just as acceptable as a bikini, or a speedo, or nothing at all. If anything, this protest will make things worse for naturists. The implication people will get is that we are dangerous, bigoted people who just want everyone to be nude all the time regardless of context, which would be a step back. If naturists do show up, they should be there to support people's right to wear whatever they want, not antagonizing some Muslims who just want to live in peace.

:like Well said. We naturists should fight for freedom, no matter what that means to someone.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »
Oh dear, where do I start...
French culture will be eroded? Big whoop. Culture evolves into something new through the mingling of different heritages, which is a process that should be encouraged, not stalled.

I completely disagree; these women's religious beliefs require them to wear burkinis and I consider it insensitive and wrong for someone to get in their way of them following their religious beliefs at a pool that is open to the public. They aren't harming anybody. I may prefer swimming naked to wearing a burkini but they are allowed to make their own decisions.
On the other hand, the religious liberty excuse must not be taken too far. Certain aspects of islamic tradition are not exactly compatible with our modern idea of individual liberties, particularly regarding women's rights, and modesty requirements are a big part of that.

The way I see it, those muslim women should have every right to wear whatever swimwear they like, as long as it meets standards required for the health, safety and operation of the pool (i.e. not a bacteria hotbed nor full of loose fibers that might clog filters or pumps, as has been the concern with streetwear in the water in the past). But not as a matter of religious obligation, but as one of personal choice. Wear what you are comfortable with, but do not go out of your way to make someone uncomfortable just because their preferred dress is different. Let the full-cover wearers wear full cover while the nudists get naked.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.