Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Île du Levant, has anyone been?  (Read 7448 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline swede

  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
  • Country: se
  • Total likes: 256
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 21
  • Referrals: 14
Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« on: August 24, 2019, 11:49:26 am »
So I've heard that Île du Levant is a full naturist island with a nude village. Does anyone know anything about this place? Has anyone been? Is there accommodation on the actual island?

Offline RS

  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 613
  • Country: us
  • Location: Boston
  • Total likes: 118
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 20
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:35 pm »
A few days ago I discovered it while on the interwebs. I did some reading. It seems to me like 90% of it is taken up by the French military, and the remaining 10% is the nude village. The village only has like 200 people in it; so it's very small. The economy seems to be mostly based on tourism. There are several hotels on the island, though there is no running water and the accommodations seem pretty sparse.

Nudity is forbidden in the military zone (obviously), the port, and the public buildings (church, post office, town hall); everything else is clothing-optional except for the beach where nudity is mandatory.

I've never been, it's across an ocean from me. I did look it up and saw that I could get a roundtrip ticket for less than $800; so I could easily finance a trip with my summer earnings; if I could get my parents off my back. :laugh:

Offline swede

  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
  • Country: se
  • Total likes: 256
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 21
  • Referrals: 14
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:36:59 pm »
A few days ago I discovered it while on the interwebs. I did some reading. It seems to me like 90% of it is taken up by the French military, and the remaining 10% is the nude village. The village only has like 200 people in it; so it's very small. The economy seems to be mostly based on tourism. There are several hotels on the island, though there is no running water and the accommodations seem pretty sparse.

Nudity is forbidden in the military zone (obviously), the port, and the public buildings (church, post office, town hall); everything else is clothing-optional except for the beach where nudity is mandatory.

I've never been, it's across an ocean from me. I did look it up and saw that I could get a roundtrip ticket for less than $800; so I could easily finance a trip with my summer earnings; if I could get my parents off my back. :laugh:
hotels seemed very expensive. Are you sure about the no running water? Won't your parents let you go?

Offline collegeguy77

  • Nude without Towel
  • *****
  • Posts: 387
  • Country: us
  • Location: Shhhhh :P
  • Total likes: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 30
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:55:54 pm »
is there camping sites?  I haven't heard of it... but I much prefer to camp if I am on a naturist holiday, but that is just me! 

Offline RS

  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 613
  • Country: us
  • Location: Boston
  • Total likes: 118
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 20
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 11:09:04 pm »
A few days ago I discovered it while on the interwebs. I did some reading. It seems to me like 90% of it is taken up by the French military, and the remaining 10% is the nude village. The village only has like 200 people in it; so it's very small. The economy seems to be mostly based on tourism. There are several hotels on the island, though there is no running water and the accommodations seem pretty sparse.

Nudity is forbidden in the military zone (obviously), the port, and the public buildings (church, post office, town hall); everything else is clothing-optional except for the beach where nudity is mandatory.

I've never been, it's across an ocean from me. I did look it up and saw that I could get a roundtrip ticket for less than $800; so I could easily finance a trip with my summer earnings; if I could get my parents off my back. :laugh:
hotels seemed very expensive. Are you sure about the no running water? Won't your parents let you go?

I did read the fact about their being no running water several times, I could be wrong but I'm not making it up. I think I found a hotel for 70 Euros ($79) per night; most of the hotels near me are over 100 euros/dollars; so this doesn't seem outrageous.

Clearly, your parents aren't like mine.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:14:15 pm by RS »

Offline swede

  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
  • Country: se
  • Total likes: 256
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 21
  • Referrals: 14
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:25:25 am »
is there camping sites?  I haven't heard of it... but I much prefer to camp if I am on a naturist holiday, but that is just me!

I think I saw one on airbnb

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

  • Topless with bottoms
  • ***
  • Posts: 91
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 37
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 07:20:19 am »
Did some poking around and hotels seem fairly reasonable for how gorgeous this place looks. Definitely adding this one to the bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

Offline swede

  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
  • Country: se
  • Total likes: 256
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 21
  • Referrals: 14
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 08:30:08 pm »
Did some poking around and hotels seem fairly reasonable for how gorgeous this place looks. Definitely adding this one to the bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe won't feel as expensive when I'm not a broke student haha.

Offline swede

  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
  • Country: se
  • Total likes: 256
  • Gender: Male
  • Age: 21
  • Referrals: 14
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »
In anyone has tips on how to actually get to the island (with bus etc) I'm all ears