Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Île du Levant, has anyone been?  (Read 8918 times)

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« on: August 24, 2019, 11:49:26 am »
So I've heard that Île du Levant is a full naturist island with a nude village. Does anyone know anything about this place? Has anyone been? Is there accommodation on the actual island?

Offline RS

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Île du Levant, has anyone been?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:35 pm »
A few days ago I discovered it while on the interwebs. I did some reading. It seems to me like 90% of it is taken up by the French military, and the remaining 10% is the nude village. The village only has like 200 people in it; so it's very small. The economy seems to be mostly based on tourism. There are several hotels on the island, though there is no running water and the accommodations seem pretty sparse.

Nudity is forbidden in the military zone (obviously), the port, and the public buildings (church, post office, town hall); everything else is clothing-optional except for the beach where nudity is mandatory.

I've never been, it's across an ocean from me. I did look it up and saw that I could get a roundtrip ticket for less than $800; so I could easily finance a trip with my summer earnings; if I could get my parents off my back. :laugh:

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:36:59 pm »
A few days ago I discovered it while on the interwebs. I did some reading. It seems to me like 90% of it is taken up by the French military, and the remaining 10% is the nude village. The village only has like 200 people in it; so it's very small. The economy seems to be mostly based on tourism. There are several hotels on the island, though there is no running water and the accommodations seem pretty sparse.

Nudity is forbidden in the military zone (obviously), the port, and the public buildings (church, post office, town hall); everything else is clothing-optional except for the beach where nudity is mandatory.

I've never been, it's across an ocean from me. I did look it up and saw that I could get a roundtrip ticket for less than $800; so I could easily finance a trip with my summer earnings; if I could get my parents off my back. :laugh:
hotels seemed very expensive. Are you sure about the no running water? Won't your parents let you go?

Offline collegeguy77

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:55:54 pm »
is there camping sites?  I haven't heard of it... but I much prefer to camp if I am on a naturist holiday, but that is just me! 

Offline RS

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 11:09:04 pm »

hotels seemed very expensive. Are you sure about the no running water? Won't your parents let you go?

I did read the fact about their being no running water several times, I could be wrong but I'm not making it up. I think I found a hotel for 70 Euros ($79) per night; most of the hotels near me are over 100 euros/dollars; so this doesn't seem outrageous.

Clearly, your parents aren't like mine.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:14:15 pm by RS »

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:25:25 am »
is there camping sites?  I haven't heard of it... but I much prefer to camp if I am on a naturist holiday, but that is just me!

I think I saw one on airbnb

Offline deepcreeknaturist85

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 07:20:19 am »
Did some poking around and hotels seem fairly reasonable for how gorgeous this place looks. Definitely adding this one to the bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 08:30:08 pm »
Did some poking around and hotels seem fairly reasonable for how gorgeous this place looks. Definitely adding this one to the bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe won't feel as expensive when I'm not a broke student haha.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »
In anyone has tips on how to actually get to the island (with bus etc) I'm all ears

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 11:58:04 pm »
Does anybody know, if anybody can go there? Are there any restrictions for male singles? Or would it possibly for me, to visit the island with my male fried (So two unmarried men  :wink:)

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2024, 06:30:57 pm »
Does anybody know, if anybody can go there? Are there any restrictions for male singles? Or would it possibly for me, to visit the island with my male fried (So two unmarried men  :wink:)

I did some research before and the island is just an island. You can just go. It's not a resort. The only problem would be accommodation but I'm there are camp spots.

Beware that I believe it's more a "libertine" spot that a naturist, but that's a bit ambiguous. In not entirely sure what libertine really means, but I don't think it's as whack as cap d'agde.

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2024, 09:36:19 pm »
In not entirely sure what libertine really means, but I don't think it's as whack as cap d'agde.

That would be a prerequisite for me to go there because I don't want to risk encountering sexually motivated naked people. My only problem is that I don't speak French and have no other connection to France. There are other countries I would like to visit next (e.g. Croatia)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 09:37:51 pm by Raphael »

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2024, 11:09:07 pm »
In not entirely sure what libertine really means, but I don't think it's as whack as cap d'agde.

That would be a prerequisite for me to go there because I don't want to risk encountering sexually motivated naked people. My only problem is that I don't speak French and have no other connection to France. There are other countries I would like to visit next (e.g. Croatia)

If you want a 100% naturist experience without any chance of pervs I can recommend montalivet

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 08:18:59 am »
If you want a 100% naturist experience without any chance of pervs I can recommend montalivet
Ah, I haven't heard of that but it sounds interesting!

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2024, 04:03:36 pm »
Ah, I haven't heard of that but it sounds interesting!

i think its great. Unlike other resorts you can go into the shops and stuff nude.