Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Amazon Acres, Australia - 70's Commune  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
  • Referrals: 1
Amazon Acres, Australia - 70's Commune
« on: December 27, 2019, 01:23:04 pm »
This article is about a female only commune founded in the 1970's.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-30/history-of-amazon-acres-nsw-community-female-only/11095974

You're welcome to comment on any aspect of it but the poll relates to this comment in the article:
"I've been to mixed nudist camps but I never felt as comfortable as I did there."

Do you feel the same or differently? Why do you feel that way?

(Note: If the article is too political please feel free to remove it with my apologies but I thought that so long as nobody makes it political in the discussion it would be alright as there's more than just that to the article.)
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Amazon Acres, Australia - 70's Commune
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 03:48:17 pm »
To me, naturism is all about being equal to everyone around you. By shedding your clothes you open up to others and become more vulnerable, which brings me into a state where I want to accept myself for who I am and want to accept the others around me for who they are. There's no reason to impress others with expensive items or to cover yourself up. And being naked makes some activities a whole lot more enjoyable. From swimming to walking on the beach, to hiking, it's something everyone needs to experience one day.

When I read about a 'Women only community' or similar initiatives, it feels like they are trying to take one part of naturism but ignore the others. If you can be naked and worry-free, but have to guard the gate to avoid men to come in and have to constantly focus your activities around forming a 'women utopia', are you really worry-free?

I've learned that men and women have the best, most friendly, and most genuine interactions in naturist environments compared to the outside 'textile' world. Not having to worry about these types of social norms that society attaches to genders is something that is very unique to the naturism experience, and that has been noticeability present in most if not all mixed naturist settings I've been to.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

kissane

Re: Amazon Acres, Australia - 70's Commune
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 05:09:48 pm »
To me, naturism is all about being equal to everyone around you. By shedding your clothes you open up to others and become more vulnerable, which brings me into a state where I want to accept myself for who I am and want to accept the others around me for who they are. There's no reason to impress others with expensive items or to cover yourself up. And being naked makes some activities a whole lot more enjoyable. From swimming to walking on the beach, to hiking, it's something everyone needs to experience one day.

When I read about a 'Women only community' or similar initiatives, it feels like they are trying to take one part of naturism but ignore the others. If you can be naked and worry-free, but have to guard the gate to avoid men to come in and have to constantly focus your activities around forming a 'women utopia', are you really worry-free?

I've learned that men and women have the best, most friendly, and most genuine interactions in naturist environments compared to the outside 'textile' world. Not having to worry about these types of social norms that society attaches to genders is something that is very unique to the naturism experience, and that has been noticeability present in most if not all mixed naturist settings I've been to.

I agree. And what if one of the women gave birth to a son? Would they be expelled?