Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Interesting  (Read 2672 times)

Offline SOPHIEW

• BANNED
  • Topless with bottoms
  • No group shots apparently! ????
  • Referrals: 3

Offline shynudeboy

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
    • Skinny Spots
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 11:08:16 pm »
Interesting indeed! I think Mark makes a good point about descrimination against naturists, just in the same way descrimination against the clothes that people are wearing is also wrong. I think that an update to the law would be a good thing

Offline Buzzulepuff

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 07:13:08 am »
I became a naturist as it is a libertarian ideal and a expression of freedom for me. So I would never declare anything as a hate speech crime as it doesn't exist to me. If there was a confrontation which involved assault then there could be a case but that is based on behaviour not speech.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 02:15:52 pm »
I think nudists should be protected under the hate crime laws.  Its akin to a religion for me.  But you can be fired if your found out as a nudist.  Might not be able to adopt children into a nudist household.  In one article I read about this, someone in the UK had a dog set on them for being nude. 

If some one were treated these ways for the religion the practiced, it would fall under the hate crime laws. 

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 04:14:12 pm »
I'm personally not a fan of any law that limits speech no matter how much it benefits me, I would much rather find ways to open up dialogues than to tell people they can't say certain things. On that note it's still an interesting article and maybe if we are going to have censorship anyway attacks on us should be included.

Offline Starlit

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • She/They
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 09:28:00 pm »
I don't think naturists need protecting from being made fun of, but I do think we need protecting from people who want to stop us being naturists with our families, holding naturist events and such because they can't get past the idea that they think its sexual or disgusting.

It's funny by the way, this has gotten in news and on TV a bit here and it's meant I've actually talked more with my parents about why I'm a naturist and I even talked with a few people at work about the fact I'm a naturist too.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 05:03:51 pm »
it's an intriguing question. as much as i want nudism to be more accepted into society, it's fundamentally not the same as being a certain race, sexuality, gender, etc., and making that kind of anti-nudism a hate crime (except in extreme or violent circumstances) comparable to an actual hate crime based on unchangeable identity seems like a step too far.

Offline Mr S

• What do you do?
  • Nude with Towel
  • Hey guys! Looking to make new friends :D
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 10:54:48 pm »
I couldn't read  the whole article because of the subscription. Although, I think everything should be managed under the eyes of respect, but it's pretty difficult to earn it as a community "not normal" like this.
Today is always THE day

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 08:55:23 am »
I became a naturist as it is a libertarian ideal and a expression of freedom for me. So I would never declare anything as a hate speech crime as it doesn't exist to me. If there was a confrontation which involved assault then there could be a case but that is based on behaviour not speech.

I think the same. I am more for education, pedagogy and common sense rather than laws.

-----
I'm personally not a fan of any law that limits speech no matter how much it benefits me, I would much rather find ways to open up dialogues than to tell people they can't say certain things. On that note it's still an interesting article and maybe if we are going to have censorship anyway attacks on us should be included.

:agree
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline nudeeer

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 04:46:54 pm »
I don't think naturists need protecting from being made fun of, but I do think we need protecting from people who want to stop us being naturists with our families, holding naturist events and such because they can't get past the idea that they think its sexual or disgusting.

I think this is exactly right. Don't tell people what they can or can't say, spend time educating them about naturism and stop getting them to vilify it.

Offline PBA

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 04:37:47 am »

Same here. The idea is bizarre to me

Offline Nudielad

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 06:05:26 am »
The papers don't half write some rubbish in this country  :laughing

It could NEVER be classified as a hate crime because being a 'naturist' is not a protected characteristic