Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How would YOU want nudity shown?  (Read 3964 times)

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
How would YOU want nudity shown?
« on: April 04, 2020, 09:05:47 pm »
Alright, so I was thinking about a lot of the nude mods I have on my games, as well as a lot of the game ideas I've wished of making. But, it made me wonder.. How much is too much for nudity from another nudist's perspective? For instance, say it's Pokemon Sword and Shield. Now, in these games, there's what are referred to as "jiggle physics", which is when an object will have a slightly unrestricted response animation created when motion or other flags occur (such as wind, for example). With Sword and shield, hair and certain clothes will have the jiggle when running, twirling, windy, or using a dynamax or gigantamax pokemon, but if nudity were in the game, would it be too much if the breasts or penis also had these same jiggle physics? Would it be the same answer if it were a game like Overwatch? Or perhaps Mortal Kombat? Animal Crossing? And with that, what about the detail in the shapes, customization, or texturing of the nudity?

So, with all that said, I'd like to hear -- or rather read -- your thoughts on this subject!

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
Re: How would YOU want nudity shown?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:35:06 pm »
I like how Conan Exiles did nudity in their game. It's just "apart" of it but it's nothing directly sexual. You can incorporate that into your game play if you want, but of course if you're going to go out and do battles, you will eventually get armor on. If you want to sorta RP it and get some sleep, can take all your armor off later and rest. And plenty of jiggle physics there, lol.

A few mods for Skyrim I've used is really nice too. Creating the bath house where people are nude and obviously being able to sleep nude. But, still have armor and everything else that covers anything out in the rest of the world when battling. Jiggle physics are kept a bit more in check, where as Conan Exiles you might have a penis that defies the laws of gravity and bounces around all over the place.

I like nudity to be apart of the game, but not the focus of the game. It sorta incorporates real life aspects into the games that way and creates an ability to roleplay. Problem with games having nudity in them as it's mostly just used in a sexual aspect. You can mod yourself in Second Life to be nude, but the amount of people that just want to be nude to be nude is vastly outweighed by the people that create nude avatars for sexual purposes. Not as fun (and frankly pretty boring) to me.

I would like to see more basic nudity in games, along with anatomically correct. I actually praised Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for awhile there as they modeled the horses all with sheaths and buttholes. Granted, only male horses apparently wandering around, but it just creates that sense of being realistic.

I don't think it might be good for more intensive games like OW or Mortal Kombat. There's a lot going on and that's just more distracting then anything. Maybe in a character builder or skin preview scenario. But not in the actual fighting of it. A more relaxing game like Animal Crossing could make it work very well.

As far as customizing goes, within reason and realistic is what I like to see. Games where you can give a character size Triple M breast isn't realistic with that tiny framed body. Or a penis that threatens to drag the floor. Just base upon average for everything within a little reason would be nice.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline dukewc

• duke
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • Just another guy who loves being on the PS5 nude
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:39:59 am »
I like how Conan Exiles did nudity in their game. It's just "apart" of it but it's nothing directly sexual. You can incorporate that into your game play if you want, but of course if you're going to go out and do battles, you will eventually get armor on. If you want to sorta RP it and get some sleep, can take all your armor off later and rest. And plenty of jiggle physics there, lol.

A few mods for Skyrim I've used is really nice too. Creating the bath house where people are nude and obviously being able to sleep nude. But, still have armor and everything else that covers anything out in the rest of the world when battling. Jiggle physics are kept a bit more in check, where as Conan Exiles you might have a penis that defies the laws of gravity and bounces around all over the place.

I like nudity to be apart of the game, but not the focus of the game. It sorta incorporates real life aspects into the games that way and creates an ability to roleplay. Problem with games having nudity in them as it's mostly just used in a sexual aspect. You can mod yourself in Second Life to be nude, but the amount of people that just want to be nude to be nude is vastly outweighed by the people that create nude avatars for sexual purposes. Not as fun (and frankly pretty boring) to me.

I would like to see more basic nudity in games, along with anatomically correct. I actually praised Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for awhile there as they modeled the horses all with sheaths and buttholes. Granted, only male horses apparently wandering around, but it just creates that sense of being realistic.

I don't think it might be good for more intensive games like OW or Mortal Kombat. There's a lot going on and that's just more distracting then anything. Maybe in a character builder or skin preview scenario. But not in the actual fighting of it. A more relaxing game like Animal Crossing could make it work very well.

As far as customizing goes, within reason and realistic is what I like to see. Games where you can give a character size Triple M breast isn't realistic with that tiny framed body. Or a penis that threatens to drag the floor. Just base upon average for everything within a little reason would be nice.
they did do it well in conan
Pm me let’s chat

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:59:29 am »
Conan Exiles you might have a penis that defies the laws of gravity and bounces around all over the place.

Can relate. ????????

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 09:01:39 am »
In an indie game, realistic physics and stuff is good for this but I can't see the big games houses dedicating the people and money to make good accurate willybounce, especially since it probably just increases the age rating of their game haha

Offline Delta0010

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:05:20 pm »
In an indie game, realistic physics and stuff is good for this but I can't see the big games houses dedicating the people and money to make good accurate willybounce, especially since it probably just increases the age rating of their game haha

Depends a lot on the game/studio. If it's already going to be an M rated game, then it won't affect anything ratings-wise. Plus if they are already using jiggle physics for other stuff, it probably wouldn't be too much extra work to add jiggle physics to another body part.
Almost always up to chat. Just ask.

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 02:27:03 am »

I like nudity to be apart of the game, but not the focus of the game. It sorta incorporates real life aspects into the games that way and creates an ability to roleplay. [...]

I would like to see more basic nudity in games, along with anatomically correct. [...]

Intriguing notes I can pull from this. Considering a roleplay element to it, considering specified jiggle physics, the level in which to incorporate it, and considering how much to portray it.

I like the CBBE mod for Skyrim, although I think it's a bit stuff and there's no customisation. Extension mods that add physics and allow you to edit your characters appearance really help
Hmm, I suppose even minor customization really does matter in cases like these, doesn't it? Noted.

Valid point. This is actually why I've wanted to ask the community about this since I want to make an indie game with nudity and wanted notes from nudists and naturists on how it should best be treated. After all, it's best to ask a kid what they like rather than assume they like these outdated forced jokes. Bad analogy, but Nickelodeon was on my mind. I hope the message does come across though.

Offline dukewc

• duke
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 05:58:09 am »

I like nudity to be apart of the game, but not the focus of the game. It sorta incorporates real life aspects into the games that way and creates an ability to roleplay. [...]

I would like to see more basic nudity in games, along with anatomically correct. [...]

Intriguing notes I can pull from this. Considering a roleplay element to it, considering specified jiggle physics, the level in which to incorporate it, and considering how much to portray it.

I like the CBBE mod for Skyrim, although I think it's a bit stuff and there's no customisation. Extension mods that add physics and allow you to edit your characters appearance really help
Hmm, I suppose even minor customization really does matter in cases like these, doesn't it? Noted.

Valid point. This is actually why I've wanted to ask the community about this since I want to make an indie game with nudity and wanted notes from nudists and naturists on how it should best be treated. After all, it's best to ask a kid what they like rather than assume they like these outdated forced jokes. Bad analogy, but Nickelodeon was on my mind. I hope the message does come across though.
if your making the game i will be looking forward to playing it
Pm me let’s chat

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:18:23 am »
@dukewc It's planned to be one of the following.

Side-scrolling point-and-click survival horror
  • Run from killers and use a mechanic system using game sound to try to survive
  • You're quite literally defenseless and can only rely on your wits and your reactions to survive
  • Everything is in hard grayscale/black and white with the rare instance of color having specific deep indications
  • Psychological horror elements scattered between instances of panic and safety

Fantasy-esque platformer puzzle/action
  • Utilize mysterious powers to traverse through odd environments, obstacles, and enemies
  • Discover unique methods of combating foes such as making them fight for you, or growing a platform that pushes you up and squishes them after
  • Explore a colorful world representing many concepts of humanity, from virtues and sins to morality and beliefs
  • Vibrant levels complimented with beautiful ambient music and complimenting yet contrasting foes in a whimsical setting

I'm having an immense amount of trouble deciding which to do first, to be entirely honest. I have far more intrigue in the former, yet more trouble writing for that (story and coding-wise), but have a bit less interest in the latter as well as a bit more trouble with music.

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 08:42:07 am »
I'm not sure how you would do the first one as a naturist thing without it seeming like the nudity is a bad thing. If I was nked and being chased, I'd certainly want to get dressed to be less vulnerable and able to go to others for help more easily.

The second one feels like you could make the nudity a more natural thing. A world where it's normal, or even a hero from our world goes skinny dipping with friends in a pool that turns out to be magic and warps them to another world, where they learn to be ok with each others nudity cos they don't have their clothes with them, and where they each discover their own unique magic power of random game puzzle traversal mechanic ;)

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 03:53:13 pm »
Well, the point of either game isn't naturism, but how to handle nudity in a way that doesn't make it ridiculous, unnecessary, or awkward. With the first one it's true the player is naked for the whole game, but they're not only one, nor would the lack of nudity change anything other than visibility of the player among the background. The killers the player is pursued by are all tall, imposing, armed, and armored, so regardless it would make the player feel defenseless through enemy visuals and gameplay mechanics.

As for the second, its nudity is to fit the whimsical, odd, and artistic environment of the levels. It's like if a world of people's dreams was illustrated with fantasy

Sorry if this is confusing. I just woke up and i'm typing on my phone, something I never do lol

Offline dukewc

• duke
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 11:52:12 pm »
@dukewc It's planned to be one of the following.

Side-scrolling point-and-click survival horror
  • Run from killers and use a mechanic system using game sound to try to survive
  • You're quite literally defenseless and can only rely on your wits and your reactions to survive
  • Everything is in hard grayscale/black and white with the rare instance of color having specific deep indications
  • Psychological horror elements scattered between instances of panic and safety

Fantasy-esque platformer puzzle/action
  • Utilize mysterious powers to traverse through odd environments, obstacles, and enemies
  • Discover unique methods of combating foes such as making them fight for you, or growing a platform that pushes you up and squishes them after
  • Explore a colorful world representing many concepts of humanity, from virtues and sins to morality and beliefs
  • Vibrant levels complimented with beautiful ambient music and complimenting yet contrasting foes in a whimsical setting

I'm having an immense amount of trouble deciding which to do first, to be entirely honest. I have far more intrigue in the former, yet more trouble writing for that (story and coding-wise), but have a bit less interest in the latter as well as a bit more trouble with music.
a nude horror game sounds interesting but fantasy sounds very fun
Pm me let’s chat

Riot.EXE

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:50 am »
Like in Saints Row 2-4, or The Binding of Isaac

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:41 am »
Well, the point of either game isn't naturism, but how to handle nudity in a way that doesn't make it ridiculous, unnecessary, or awkward. With the first one it's true the player is naked for the whole game, but they're not only one, nor would the lack of nudity change anything other than visibility of the player among the background. The killers the player is pursued by are all tall, imposing, armed, and armored, so regardless it would make the player feel defenseless through enemy visuals and gameplay mechanics.

As for the second, its nudity is to fit the whimsical, odd, and artistic environment of the levels. It's like if a world of people's dreams was illustrated with fantasy

Sorry if this is confusing. I just woke up and i'm typing on my phone, something I never do lol

For the first one, storywise it has a feel that it could happen inside an actual nightmare, like Limbo, or just have that nightmarish background like in Little Nightmares.
The protagonist goes through his nightmare-scenario in the state in which he went to bed, naked  :tongue:

As for the second one, it sounds very Trine-like, which feels like it could be level of fantasy that could pair well with your idea.

Offline ejniceguy

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 02:16:01 pm »
I think I’d be more partial to the first game personally, in terms of nudity not feeling over the top ridiculous. Make it more of a horror/survival game and that’d probably be a decent context.