Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How would YOU want nudity shown?  (Read 3963 times)

Riot.EXE

Re: How would YOU want nudity shown?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 03:41:03 pm »
Make it more of a horror/survival game and that’d probably be a decent context.

That's literally The Binding of Isaac.

Offline ejniceguy

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 05:11:01 pm »

Sorry, never really played it so I didn’t realize.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 09:14:48 pm »

Oh don't worry, I wasn't coming after you, just sayin' that what you speak of kind of already exists...though Binding of Isaac isn't the best example of it. It's a fun game, and the themes are actually pretty dark despite everything, but the aesthetic is definitely a turn-off for some, because it looks like a cutesy piss-n-poop joke version of The Legend of Zelda.

Offline ejniceguy

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 07:46:00 am »

Oh don't worry, I wasn't coming after you, just sayin' that what you speak of kind of already exists...though Binding of Isaac isn't the best example of it. It's a fun game, and the themes are actually pretty dark despite everything, but the aesthetic is definitely a turn-off for some, because it looks like a cutesy piss-n-poop joke version of The Legend of Zelda.

Yeah, definitely think for the nudity to work it’d have to be a fairly gritty environment.

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 10:41:02 pm »
I've decided I can share more information with you all. Please understand this was a personal precaution as I'm paranoid of people stealing my ideas when I put lots of effort into them.

The first game is a black and white side scrolling point and click with elements of survival horror. The plot is basically you were kidnapped from your birthday celebration in another country and wake up in a cliff side mansion. You're being hunted for 46 hours by the three owners of the mansion, a father and his two sons. Each of them happens to have their own methods and section of the mansion. One son tends to frequent the lower sections more and is off putting due to how he helps the player to make it more of a challenge for himself. One son frequents the middle section of the mansion more and uses traps and stealth to try to hunt the player. Finally, the father will frequent the top sections but only come out after some time and will eventually go throughout the mansion with an intimidating straightforward approach method. The mansion is full of puzzles the three set up to make it a challenge for you to find your way out, as well as ways to add anxiety by having color represent negative things (such as a tiny bit of red barely emanating from one side of the screen means some danger is likely approaching). There is also a system in which sounds will be used by both player and enemy, so they could hear your breathing and movements if you're too loud. You can find places to hide until they pass though.

The second game, the fantasy game, has a lot of focus on representations of human concepts through the entirety of the level and enemy design. The main character is a representation of adam or eve and does have "powers" so to speak, but it's more of a non-combative power, such as bending the plants or moving the boulder or reshaping the ground, but only in certain spots. This one is more of an expressionism type of game, expressing my views on different concepts and how they affect the human morality or cultural views. For instance, there was a scrapped concept for a boss called Justice, a clock with a pendulum and weight scale wings along with a girl in a birdcage. This boss was originally representing how I see a lot of the justice system as wishiwashy and unpredictable due to how it can be manipulated and influenced by defenders twisting the truth or lying outright. While I'm not blaming the justice system for that, it was my view at the time. The way the player would fight the boss is by running around the circular stage, making these platforms grow that would shoot out strings of words in multiple languages at the boss and chain them down momentarily, as well as add word and image stones into the lighter scale to avoid the boss slamming down. The core concepts of the game are expressing my views on the world and promoting a pacifist solution to executing enemies. By that I mean, yes they will be defeated, but not via violence. When it does seem violent, it is instead revealed as more similar to cracking a walnut, where an outer shell of misuse or misunderstanding opens to reveal  its true original form.

Offline blank radar

• Teens Only Member
  • Naturist Superhero
  • he/him
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 12:55:53 pm »
In an indie game, realistic physics and stuff is good for this but I can't see the big games houses dedicating the people and money to make good accurate willybounce, especially since it probably just increases the age rating of their game haha
true - i guess in terms of direct jiggle physics, you'd have to spend a lot of time fleshing out (._.) the differences in movement and response between every body part. for example, wind will blow your hair, but it'd take a really strong gust to drag genitalia along with it.

Offline nudesailor

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 10:28:30 pm »
I like the point made about Conan Exiles, I play it with a mod so everyone is naked. I think open world type games would be the best to represent a world where nudity is normalized. Assassin's Creed origins had a beach where most women were topless, which I felt fit the world. It's easy to imagine a fantasy/SF type environment where nudity was normal.
Dance or die

Riot.EXE

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2020, 04:37:40 am »

Yeah, definitely think for the nudity to work it’d have to be a fairly gritty environment.

It wouldn't need to be gritty, it just needs to not be gratuitous. It's easy to explain away so many other things that exist in fantasy / sci-fi settings, games, and other media, but non sexual nudity requires a special level of presentation that most of the other tropes wouldn't.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 01:35:04 pm »
I would appreciate if games handled nudity realistically, but, obviously, also within the framework of the graphic style for the game. Still, jiggly bits should jiggle. It's no different than your hair moving. Things not reacting appropriately in a game tends to stand out and take you out of the experience.

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »
Frequently and without bias or sexualization
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline JoyousLemons

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/her
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2021, 08:48:51 pm »
I think just uncensored nudity that makes sense with the situation. Like if you take off all of your clothes/armour in a game then it'll show your character nude instead of some gross tan/white underwear

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2021, 09:15:35 pm »
Without it being used as a source of titillation and childish amusement