General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

What are you currently reading?

<< < (220/232) > >>

Cle Leftwrite:
I’m currently reading To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Pasolini. It’s pretty good and I’m nearing the end. It does have some pacing issues though.

Surin Blastanos:

--- Quote from: Cle Leftwrite on September 13, 2021, 04:12:42 pm ---I’m currently reading To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Pasolini. It’s pretty good and I’m nearing the end. It does have some pacing issues though.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, it was a bit inconsistent in its pace. Really enjoyable book, I like how he brought his focus on fantasy over to his sci-fi, it worked well.

Moss:
I'm currently reading the Witcher series of books, I've just finished the third one. While I do really enjoy the story and the characters, the writing style really annoys me. The author really likes to make everything much more grand and eloquent than it needs to be, which is sometimes good, but when every character speaks to each other in metaphors for 300 pages straight it comes off as very pretentious. Also, I feel like a lot of the worldbuilding is not properly realised. Its a fairly standard Tolkien style fantasy world, but that barely gets explored at all, mainly focusing on the interstate and interpersonal politics. That's not a problem for me, I really enjoy that kind of stuff, but it can dominate the story too much. Geralt, the main character, is a monster hunter who can use magic, but he barely does that at all outside of the prequel anthology books.

Also, there's no map. What kind of fantasy world doesn't have a map?

blank radar:
life, the universe, and everything

w h o p

Longingtobenude:
Miss Memory Lane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version