Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 304259 times)

Stuart

Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 09:26:25 am »
Living with Enza: The Forgotten Story of Britain and the Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 - Mark Honigsbaum

I'm now terrified everytime some coughs or sneezes near me  :879

Tom

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:23 pm »
Today I finished Khaled Hosseini - Drachenläufer

dont know what it sounds in english sry guys

Offline GolasPL

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 06:17:28 pm »
Today I've read a small book titled The Miracles of the Slavic Gods. It was some kind of introduction to the Slavic mithology.

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 01:55:06 pm »
On the airplane on the way out to New York I just read an e-copy of OJ Simpson's confession book, "If I Did It".....
wow..... if for some reason he *is*innocent he sure has a vivid imagination......  :879

I honestly have no interest in anything that man says. I'm sure he rationalizes everything to himself.

Joey

Offline GolasPL

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 01:10:57 pm »
Right now I'm reading two books. One is a classic, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and the second one is a contemporary satirical book by Sue Townsend Number 10. I've read several books of her and I love her sense of humour.

Offline bendy698

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 02:39:11 am »
I'm about half way through the first book in the "Sword of Truth" series called Wizard's First Rule. The popular series is a New York Times bestseller, and has it's own TV show based off of it. If you are into fantasy, I'd definitely recommend both!

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

-Bendy

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:19 am »
So far I'm about half way through "The Zombie Survival Guide."  Hilarious, and pretty educational too.... just in case you get attacked by Zombies.  It's a really fun read, I'd suggest it to anyone  :3456

Offline Flonk

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:27 pm »
I just started re-reading the Dune books.

Also, on the comic book front, the new Lone Ranger series from Dynamite is amazing.

sydney25

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 10:24:24 am »
I love biographies and true crime books. I have just finished reading a book about the man who caused the worlds worst shooting spree by a single person. He was Martin Bryant who murdered 35 people in the town of Port Arthur in Tasmania in 1996. The book is called Born or Bred. Martin Bryant: The Making of A Mass Murderer. It came out earlier this years and was written by Australian journalists Robert Wainwright and Paola Totaro. I could not put the book down. It was gripping, fascinating and very chilling. An intriguing exploration on what could have contributed to making Martin who he was.

The book I am about to read is very different. It is called The Wolf by Richard Guiliatt and Peter Hohnen and is about a German raider in the first world war that travelled the world destroying ships and taking prisoners. A little know event of the World War One.

Offline Luke M

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 03:20:43 am »
Truth be told, I'm not reading anything.

My favorite book is Catcher in the Rye. I've read it at least 5 times. I am flying overseas for my trip so I do plan on picking up a book. I was going to buy The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I've heard amazing things from my friend who has very distinguishing tastes.

simonalexander2005

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2009, 06:30:39 pm »
I just started re-reading the Dune books.

Just finished those about a month ago - great series, although it gets a bit drawn out in the middle...

Now reading "Shantaram" - it's a true story about a guy who escaped from an australian prison and went to live in the slums in Bombay... thoroughly recommend it - he's a truly excellent author. I only own it coz my gran gave it to me a year or so ago and I hadn't got around to reading it until now... Love reading though! So many good books, so little time!

I also recently finished reading "Human is" by Philip K Dick - another great author

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2009, 07:37:52 pm »
I've just started reading  The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson. It's SO good.

I haven't read a book in months, but I picked this up for my commute into my job this morning and I wasn't able to put it down til I got home. Shame that Larsson died soon after he handed in the trilogy of books to his publisher, but at least I have 2 more to look forward to :)
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Stuart

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »
I've just finished "The Stone of Destiny" by Ian Hamilton after seeing the film that was based on it (reviewd on the films forum).

Offline NickUMA10

• The Nutty Professor
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is a Mind and Body State
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »
Hayek's 'The Road to Serfdom'
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"-Confucius

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 12:00:30 am »
Just finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Neffeneggar (sp?), which was insanely awesome by the way.

Now I'm reading "Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict" by Laurie Rigler. So far, it's not looking like a good book in its own right, but for Austen fans such as myself, it's pretty cute. :p

Please visit my Deviant Art Page