Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 304313 times)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:15 pm »
Just started Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield.  It's a historical fiction novel based off the battle of Thermopylae, during the Persian Wars

Offline NakedKiwi

• Nude with Towel
  • Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:54 am »
The Hidden Science of Lost Civilisations by David Wilcock
Happy to chat on MSN / ICQ / Skype / email
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 211

Stuart

« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2012, 10:26:01 am »
Just started Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield.  It's a historical fiction novel based off the battle of Thermopylae, during the Persian Wars

That's a good book.

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #528 on: October 10, 2012, 02:51:36 am »
"Home School Heroes" by Christopher Klicka. It talks about the tons of legal battles that homeschooling families have had to go through to gain the right to educate their kids at home. It is by a Christian author, and is very "in your face" with the Christianity aspect, but the non-religious side of the book is pretty interesting.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #529 on: October 10, 2012, 08:40:10 pm »

That's a good book.
Agreed, just finished it tonight, very well researched for a work of fiction.  Definitely brought history to life.  Now to find another book to read

Offline Nature Boy

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be the Leaf
« Reply #530 on: October 11, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »
I'm reading the book, Healing Crystals by Amy Zerner and Monte Farber. It's about well how to use crystals to heal and how the powers of crystals are being acknowledged by modern science among other spirt-sciency topics.
I think that Naturism is really about learning from Nature, personal Nature, other peoples Natures, lifestyle Natures, and of course, Nature it's self. :) ^^ <3

Offline mzissner

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2012, 03:39:34 pm »
I just started Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.  I hope to finish it by this time next year... ;)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #532 on: October 20, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »
I'm reading the book, Healing Crystals by Amy Zerner and Monte Farber. It's about well how to use crystals to heal and how the powers of crystals are being acknowledged by modern science among other spirt-sciency topics.

Sorry but they haven't been.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Nature Boy

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be the Leaf
« Reply #533 on: October 20, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

Sorry but they haven't been.
[/quote]

Actually we owe the fact that we can even communicate electronically to crystals, they are a key component in computers, lasers, and cell phones.
I think that Naturism is really about learning from Nature, personal Nature, other peoples Natures, lifestyle Natures, and of course, Nature it's self. :) ^^ <3

Offline goosy87

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »
Dürrenmatt- Das Versprechen
but im only on the first pages
sorry for bad English...my grammar sucks

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #535 on: October 21, 2012, 06:10:29 am »
Actually we owe the fact that we can even communicate electronically to crystals, they are a key component in computers, lasers, and cell phones.

And watches. It still doesn't give them any kind of magical healing powers.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #536 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:47 am »
I did not want to get in on this, but now that the ball has been passed:
Crystals are a cool thing. First you need to know what a crystal is. It is a solid where the atoms/molecules/ions or whatever the smallest chemical unit is are ordered in a fixed lattice over long distances. Diamonds are crystals, quartz resonators are, and silicon chips. But what makes them cool for technical use? It is not some magical power, it is the fact that the large-scale order makes them extremely hard (for diamonds) and very predictable in their electrical behavior (for chips and resonators). But chemically, crystals are not that different from their polycrystalline or amorphous counterparts. Diamonds burn like coal, silicon and quartz crystals are as hard to etch as glass. And chemistry is what is behind every kind of medicine that works. So yeah, there are "healing crystals", but their healing properties do not come from a crystal structure, but from the chemicals, whether biogenic or synthetic, that are crystalized in the first place. It is from ingesting chemicals, not from waving around sparkly things, that we get medical healing.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

gj83

« Reply #537 on: October 21, 2012, 05:15:48 pm »
I suppose that technically, the answer to this question is always "this forum."  But somehow, I don't think that's what is intended.

Stuart

« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
I did not want to get in on this, but now that the ball has been passed:
Crystals are a cool thing. First you need to know what a crystal is. It is a solid where the atoms/molecules/ions or whatever the smallest chemical unit is are ordered in a fixed lattice over long distances. Diamonds are crystals, quartz resonators are, and silicon chips. But what makes them cool for technical use? It is not some magical power, it is the fact that the large-scale order makes them extremely hard (for diamonds) and very predictable in their electrical behavior (for chips and resonators). But chemically, crystals are not that different from their polycrystalline or amorphous counterparts. Diamonds burn like coal, silicon and quartz crystals are as hard to etch as glass. And chemistry is what is behind every kind of medicine that works. So yeah, there are "healing crystals", but their healing properties do not come from a crystal structure, but from the chemicals, whether biogenic or synthetic, that are crystalized in the first place. It is from ingesting chemicals, not from waving around sparkly things, that we get medical healing.

As a qualified geologist, don't get me started on "crystal healing"! I always wondered, given the hundreds of dull and unnattractive crystals there are out there, why its only ever the pretty ones that seem to have these powers.

Offline Nature Boy

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be the Leaf
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »
Not Magic but Science, the book is describing how their vibrations can effect ours, (atoms and such), everything has a vibrational frequency and science has proven it with basic chemistry, (everything is made of atoms and these atoms don't just clump up in a mass, there is space between them and they are always in motion).