Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 303845 times)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2013, 06:15:45 pm »
Summer Knight by Jim Butcher, which is book 4 (I think) of The Dresden Files series

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:28 am »
Ronald Hutton's Blood & Mistletoe, it is the follow-on book to his The Druids -- twice the reading in a much more academic examination of the topic.

Also, Eric Dinerstein's The Kingdom of Rarities -- interesting perspectives on our shrinking biosphere, and André de Guillaume's How to Rule the World -- a must for my chosen career path.   :45
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Stuart

« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:45 am »
André de Guillaume's How to Rule the World -- a must for my chosen career path.   :45

You joining the Illuminati?

I'm reading Victor Hugo's Les Miserables right now. Its a bit of a slog, but worth the effort.

Offline AElf

• Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2013, 10:56:36 am »
André de Guillaume's How to Rule the World -- a must for my chosen career path.   :45

Joining them?

They will bow before me  :909
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Stuart

« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2013, 10:58:26 am »

Joining them?

Can I have a job in the new world order? I hear so much about these organisations that control everything, but not how to join them and be part of it.

Offline AElf

• Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:35 am »

Joining them?

Can I have a job in the new world order? I hear so much about these organisations that control everything, but not how to join them and be part of it.

I'll hire you on as a speech writer for when I have to harangue the masses.  Can Karla do the website?

naturallynude

« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:37 pm »
Due to the depressing nature of the Third Reich book I have switched for a week to Stephen Fry in America.

Offline pbtoejam05

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2013, 01:52:56 am »
Summer Knight by Jim Butcher, which is book 4 (I think) of The Dresden Files series

Ooo!  I love Jim Butcher.  The books get better as the series continues.  :grin:

Offline William F.

• Nude in my room, looking for other places.
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #608 on: April 10, 2013, 05:07:54 am »
I just finished a book called Sidekicks by Jack D. Ferraiolo , it's based on the young plucky sidekick characters of comic books. In New York, teenager Scott Hutchinson is Bright Boy, the sidekick to Phantom Justice (yes they are a parody of Batman and Robin) who discovers that his arch nemesis,  Monkey wrench, sidekick to the nefarious Dr. Chaotic is in fact the most popular kid at school. He suddenly finds himself forced between doing the right thing and  being popular at school. Throw in the twist, (which I won't give away) and Scott finds his life really turned upside down!

I gotta say, I found this book really enjoyable. My only problem is that they give away the twist ending by trying to build things up too early. My recommendation, if you want it to really surprise you, skip the black pages. It will really make the climax one hell of a surprise.
It's not a sin to be who we truly are.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #609 on: April 11, 2013, 01:08:19 am »

Soon you'll be joining us waiting for book 15. :)

As for me, I'm waiting for "La bataille de Londre" that I just ordered. It came out yesterday and is a thorough historical research of the circumstances of the patriation of the Canadian constitution in 1982. It's mostly based on documents requested from the British government because despite the Access to Information Act, the Canadian documents contain way too much censored parts.

The big reveal is that the supreme court completely disregarded the notion of separation of powers during the events.

Following the publication of the book, the supreme court  said it would look into the allegations, the government of Quebec ask for all the documents to be uncensored and the government of Canada said no. Quite eventful for a book that's just been out for a day. :)

And the Liberal plan to have Quebec sign the constitution by 2017... HAHAHAHAHA.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

naturallynude

« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2013, 04:37:06 pm »
Another break in the book world. This tim That Near-Death Thing by Rick Broadbent.  It is all about the Isle of Man TT.

Offline R

• Topless with bottoms
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #611 on: May 02, 2013, 10:05:36 pm »
 I've just read Huxley's 'Brave New World'. I think is's a great book, maybe even better than 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'.
Scary thing is that Huxley's vision is slowly getting real...

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #612 on: May 02, 2013, 10:09:40 pm »
I've just read Huxley's 'Brave New World'. I think is's a great book, maybe even better than 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'.
Scary thing is that Huxley's vision is slowly getting real...

I'd say both are becoming true.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline R

• Topless with bottoms
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #613 on: May 02, 2013, 11:17:28 pm »
Quote from: Dan

I'd say both are becoming true.

But 'Brave New World' is becoming real MUCH faster. Orwell's vision is outdated since te collapse of the USSR... Well, maybe '1984' had some influence on collapse of the empire.

Great infographic about both dystopia:
http://m.9gag.com/gag/5196073

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero