Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 303942 times)

Offline Pitti

• Local Moderator
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #720 on: January 16, 2014, 07:41:47 am »
Currently, I'm reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche. Masterly !

Have you read Der Wille zur Macht?

Currently, I'm reading Insurance Industry Challenges and Testing for Gaming Applications.

wow, do you read german literature?
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

closetnudist

« Reply #721 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:17 am »
Currently, I'm reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche. Masterly !

Currently, I'm reading Insurance Industry Challenges and Testing for Gaming Applications.

wow, do you read german literature?

Well.. I mostly suck at reading german literature.. I do as a form of teaching myself how to speak german.. Anyway, german language kind of reminds me of english.. minus that things have genders.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #722 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:54 am »

No, I have not yet read Der wille zur Macht but this is planned.
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #723 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:25 am »
Well.. I mostly suck at reading german literature.. I do as a form of teaching myself how to speak german.. Anyway, german language kind of reminds me of english.. minus that things have genders.
And people sometimes do not, due to diminuitive forms always being neuter. Like "das Mädchen" (the girl).
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #724 on: January 29, 2014, 12:45:44 am »
Right now I'm reading "The Bedford Anthology of American Literature."  I want to get out of the normal stuff I read, and it's good to learn a thing or two. 

lvxandlight

« Reply #725 on: January 29, 2014, 04:31:31 am »
"Breakout Nations" by Ruchir Sharma. It's pretty much just the usual politico-economic infotainment I generally read.
He makes a lot of points I've read elsewhere about the state of the economy in the E.U. and in Russia, but I never knew much about what's been going on in Indonesia, Thailand, etc. It's a nice light read (in my perspective).

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #726 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:40 am »
I started reading the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, I decided to read the series through.

Offline Big_Brodie

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #727 on: February 01, 2014, 09:25:03 pm »
The Doomspell Trilogy by Cliff McNish!!!

IT'S AMAZING :)

:63424

_tomo_

« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #729 on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:42 pm »
I am now reading The Wise Man's Fear, which is book two in the Kingkiller Chronicles.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #730 on: February 08, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »
I am now reading The Wise Man's Fear, which is book two in the Kingkiller Chronicles.
I am reading that one now as well

lvxandlight

« Reply #731 on: February 08, 2014, 10:13:03 pm »
I'm reading The Ego and His Own by nom de plume Max Stirner. I'm not very far, but it's more or less an atheist philosophy that also rejects the dogma of humanism. He talks about Individualism and the Right of one to watch out for oneself and one's own. He heavily influenced Ayn Rand. This is something that would probably be easier for me to read in the German, but it's making enough sense in the English so far. The translation is sour at best.

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2014, 08:31:59 pm »
How Children Learn by John Holt. I highly recommend this book to anyone planning on having kids, or planning on being a teacher. It shows how children are probably feeling when they try to communicate with us, when they try to learn new things, and simply when they are being themselves to some degree.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #733 on: February 21, 2014, 05:26:59 am »
Finished reading, The book Of Woe, The DSM And Unmaking Of Psychiatry by Gary Greenberg. I found it quite good I agree that honest psychiatry that admitted it doesn't really know the answers for human suffering would be better for all us. I admit to reading similar books by the likes of David Healy, I wasn't really happy with my diagnosis or treatment so I was always going to drawn to such books and I also like seeking out truth not one for noble lies especially if I'm been told these lies. Makes me quite angry to be honest.

My next book to read will be, The Spiritual Gift of Madness by Seth Farber.  Should be good read hopefully.   

Many of the great prophets of the past experienced madness--a breakdown followed by a breakthrough, spiritual death followed by rebirth. With the advent of modern psychiatry, the budding prophets of today are captured and transformed into chronic mental patients before they can flower into the visionaries and mystics they were intended to become. As we approach the tipping point between extinction and global spiritual awakening, there is a deep need for these prophets to embrace their spiritual gifts. To make this happen, we must learn to respect the sanctity of madness. We need to cultivate Mad Pride.

Exploring the rise of Mad Pride and the mental patients’ liberation movement as well as building upon psychiatrist R. D. Laing’s revolutionary theories, Seth Farber, Ph.D., explains that diagnosing people as mad has more to do with social control than therapy. Many of those labeled as schizophrenic, bipolar, and other kinds of “mad” are not ill, but simply experiencing different forms of spiritual awakening: they are seeing and feeling what is wrong with society and what needs to be done to change it. Farber shares his interviews with former schizophrenics who now lead successful and inspiring lives. He shows that it is impossible for society to change as long as the mad are suppressed because they are our catalysts of social change. By reclaiming their rightful role as prophets of spiritual and cultural revitalization, the mad--by seeding new visions for our future--can help humanity overcome the spiritual crisis that endangers our survival and lead us to a higher and long-awaited stage of spiritual development.       
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline matturist

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2014, 03:11:00 am »
I just finished Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Definitely recommended for anyone into sci-fi or Hunger Games and Game of Thrones.