Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 304152 times)

luvthemgiants

Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 07:53:08 pm »
just started the new Dan Brown.........seems like the usual from him :)

Lisa2408

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2009, 05:23:50 pm »
I´m reading for school "Beim Leben meiner Schwester" (original: My Sister’s Keeper).
My Sister's Keeper is a novel by Jodi Picoult. The story is about the life of 13-year-old Anna Fitzgerald, who enlists the help of an attorney, Campbell Alexander, to sue her parents, Brian and Sara Fitzgerald for rights to her own body. Kate Fitzgerald, Anna's older sister, suffers from leukemia, and their parents conceived Anna through in vitro fertilization to be a genetic match donor for her sister Kate . Anna donates genetic material throughout her life, including blood and bone marrow for her sister. Their parents want Anna to donate a kidney to Kate after she goes into renal failure, but Anna instead files a lawsuit against her parents for medical emancipation from her parents despite the consequences of her sister's health.

randomer909

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2009, 09:06:00 pm »
I´m reading for school "Beim Leben meiner Schwester" (original: My Sister’s Keeper).
My Sister's Keeper is a novel by Jodi Picoult. The story is about the life of 13-year-old Anna Fitzgerald, who enlists the help of an attorney, Campbell Alexander, to sue her parents, Brian and Sara Fitzgerald for rights to her own body. Kate Fitzgerald, Anna's older sister, suffers from leukemia, and their parents conceived Anna through in vitro fertilization to be a genetic match donor for her sister Kate . Anna donates genetic material throughout her life, including blood and bone marrow for her sister. Their parents want Anna to donate a kidney to Kate after she goes into renal failure, but Anna instead files a lawsuit against her parents for medical emancipation from her parents despite the consequences of her sister's health.
Yes, that has recently been made into a film. I had never heard of it before, but it sounds like a very moving and sad story

Lisa2408

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2009, 10:02:00 pm »
Yes, that has recently been made into a film. I had never heard of it before, but it sounds like a very moving and sad story

It´s hard to read and very sad at the end of the book

Offline dmutah

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2009, 06:23:52 pm »
I am trying to finish a book called the Cain Muntiny for a school class. What a long winded book about the WWII navy.

Offline Pitti

• Local Moderator
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »
I am reading "Just After Sunset by Stephen King.

These are 13 short stories that are typical of Stephen King. It's about ghosts, about the destruction of the World Trade Center and even more curious stories.
Very recommended.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline Pepe990

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2009, 10:40:08 am »
just started the new Dan Brown.........seems like the usual from him :)

me too... and yes it is the usual!
If people were meant to be naked, they would have been born that way!!!

Offline GolasPL

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2009, 01:33:50 am »
Unfortunately, currently I don't have much time to read books very different to my legal handbooks. However, as a devoted Anglo-Saxon literature admirator and a book lover I read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. His language is wonderful, descriptions picturesque and finally plot is passionating.

Offline NudeBoldo

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2009, 08:34:44 pm »
My last book was 'World without End'...Follett. Great sequel.

Stuart

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2009, 09:16:02 pm »
I mentioned this in the family history thread I created, but I'm reading The Man Who Changed Everything: The Life of James Clerk Maxwell by Basil Mahon

A biography of one of the greatest scientific minds in history, and certainly the most underrated scientist of all. He unified all theories on electromagnetism, giving us the modern world of electricity, electronics & radio communications, he revolutionised thermodynamics and he took the world's first colour photo. His work inspired Einstein and led to Relativity & Quantum Theory. Its a wonderful book, giving the reader a fascinatin ginsight into the life and mind of a truly great man.

Offline Craig

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
The book of basketball by Bill Simmons.  If you enjoy Bill's columns on ESPN.com you will enjoy the book.  A lengthy read at 700 pages though.

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2010, 11:50:22 am »
Presently reading "The Steel Bonnets" by George MacDonald Fraser, the story of the border reivers and tribes along the Anglo Scotts border, a facinating historic read.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2010, 01:14:40 pm »
Dan Browns new book. Almost painful to read, but I feel I have to out of a sense of duty ^^
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Eric

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2010, 09:21:51 pm »
Just started reading The Evolution of God, an anthropoligical/evolutionary look at how religion developed and evolved over the course of human history. So far, it's very interesting.

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2010, 10:02:32 pm »
That would be interesting eric, its one subject i find facinating. I will have to look for it is it a newer or older book.