Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 304026 times)

Offline GolasPL

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 04:38:59 pm »
Yesterday late at night I've finished  Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The book was absolutely marvellous, much more better than a movie. In the film it was impossible to express the role of Chief Bromden. Now I'm sure it's one of my favourite books. I'm still into anglosaxon modern classics and I'm reading Lord of the Flies by W. Golding.

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »
I am currently completely hooked to Bernard Werber's "Nous les dieux".

Before that I finished ended reading the 8th tome of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin.

Offline akymbOz

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2009, 07:26:23 am »
I am currently reading Lance Armstrong's second book, "Every second counts".

I have just finished his first one, and this is the second one to read. I really think this guy is the best sports person, to come back from cancer in his body and to win and perform at a level better than anyone else is amazing.

It's a great read if your into sports books, and the good thing about it is that you don't have to like bike sports to enjoy it, it will help.

randomer909

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 12:28:23 pm »
I don't read books, I wait until the movie comes out :P. Well I read my bible, that's it :345678

sydney25

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2009, 03:16:02 pm »
Well I have just finished reading three books this âst week. My record. The first was by Ken Johnson and discusses his career as a Sydney female impersonator and a member of Sydney's Les Girls. It is a fascinating book and very interesting to learn about Sydney in the 60's and 70's. Quite a bit has changed.

The second book is by Australian actor Jeremy Standford and is about the setting up of the theatre production of The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert which is my favourite stage show. Seen it in Sydney and London and love it. Great book and lots of juicy gossip.

The third book is the autobiography of Australian dancer and choreographer Craig Revel Horwood. He is a judge on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK and Dancing with the Stars in New Zealand. Turns out it is a small world as a few years ago I knew his current partner. I found him yesterday and hopefully we are meeting next week  :65

Offline GolasPL

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2009, 05:56:14 pm »
Right now I'm reading Between East and West by Anne Applebaum. In this book she described her journey around the Eastern Europe (Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine) just after the collapse of USSR. She focused her attention on mentality, antagonisms and developement of national identity of former USSR citizens. She's a really good writter. I've started her book yesterday and I think I'll finish it today or tomorrow.

A. Applebaum is married to Radosław Sikorski, the Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs.;)

Lisa

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »
I strated a new one. "Wer bin ich und wenn ja, wie viele?" ("Who am I and if yes - how many?") by Richard David Precht.
He tries to explain the "I", emotions and a lot of other things all around a human being's mind on the basic of psycological, philosophical and neurobiological knowledge.
It's really interesting because for each topic he finds a good example to make it easier to understand.

Stuart

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 04:51:14 pm »
I'm currently reading the "What are you currently reading?" topic on this very forum!  :54

And also "First Man" - an authorised biography of Neil Armstrong. Fascinating stuff.

simonalexander2005

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2009, 04:58:59 pm »
I'm currently reading the "What are you currently reading?" topic on this very forum!  :54

*facepalm* I can't believe you're the first person to think of this...

Stuart

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:47 pm »

*facepalm* I can't believe you're the first person to think of this...

Oh, I'm sure others thought of it. I just lacked the better judgement to not post it  :234567

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 01:31:23 am »
lol I'm currently "reading" Bill Bryson's "I'm a Stranger Here Myself" as told by Bill Bryson. Funny guy.

randomer909

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 11:32:06 pm »
I'm currently reading Twillight  --->  AGAIN ;D  :4345 :909    :45
Dont even get me started on that!! :0988

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2009, 02:54:25 am »
World War Z 
 :Butt Shake:

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2009, 01:32:15 pm »
Sunburnt Country by Bill Bryson....I gotta stop laughing out loud on public transport...they think I'm nuts!!!!! lol

Stuart

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2009, 04:56:13 pm »
And also "First Man" - an authorised biography of Neil Armstrong. Fascinating stuff.

Blimey, have I really been on this for almost a month? He's only just got back to earth from the moon landing...